Found Wallet; Sosua

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
We are trying to find the owner of a wallet, Hans Peter ?????????

Lives in Sosua.

None of the phone numbers in the wallet are connected, we are trying to send e-mails.

PM me if you are him or know the person.

Thanks.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
He may go by the name of Pit. German man around 60 years. Glasses. May live at or have something to do with Casa Colibri but the phone numbers that we found are not working. His wallet includes all his Dominican I.D's with photos. He has lived here for several years.

I'll go over to Colibri later to inquire. Are they open? Then down to Fat Hermans if needed.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
He may go by the name of Pit. German man around 60 years. Glasses. May live at or have something to do with Casa Colibri but the phone numbers that we found are not working. His wallet includes all his Dominican I.D's with photos. He has lived here for several years.

I'll go over to Colibri later to inquire. Are they open? Then down to Fat Hermans if needed.

Whoever he is, I hope he appreciates the trouble you're going through, and how lucky is that you're the one who found the wallet.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Whoever he is, I hope he appreciates the trouble you're going through, and how lucky is that you're the one who found the wallet.

Thanks AE but really no trouble. With all his doc's in the wallet, it is worth the small effort. What it would take to replace it would be a lot of time, work and money for him.

WE will find him and hopefully today. I'd expect most of you would do they same. :)

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Pit and wallet have been reunited and HE IS ONE HAPPY MAN!

I went to the Hotel and they said that he lived "that way". OK, German Bakery is that way too. The staff said that he comes in but didn't know where he lived. Another German was in the place and I showed him a photo I.D. BINGO. He called Pit and he was there in 2 minutes. I almost got kissed as I handed him his wallet.

I explained that my employee had found it this morning while coming to work and gave it to us. He stuffed some money into my shirt pocket. Amado is 2,000 peso's richer now.

I love a happy ending.

Case Closed. :)

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Awh geezzz guys. The amount of "likes" and comments embarrass me and will go to my head.... and we know that my head can not stand that.

It was a lot of luck and took very little effort and solved in less then 4 hours.

Amado sees the wallet in the street and stops to pick it up. He will NOT take it to the police. Need I say more about that?
A couple of phone calls and emails then on to here.
It was "strange" going thru someone else's personal stuff but I learned enough that I had some clues.
Pit/Peter has lived here many years in the same area. Sousa becomes a small place.
First stop gave a direction. Second stop found a contact and they called Peter. Less then 45 minutes of foot work.
I did not look at what Peter had put into my pocket and saw Amado walking down the street to check the horses. I stopped and reached into my pocket and saw the very generous 2,000 that I handed to Amado. His jaw dropped.

When trying to talk with the other German man and then Peter, we all had Spanish problems, I don't speak German and they didn't speak English so it was a little awkward.

We received a short email from Peter saying how thankful he was and that when he had lost his wallet that his heart had a stone in it. I guess that is why I was going to find this man. I would have had that same stone in my heart too.

So it was not all my doing, what little it really took. It was Amado, very little effort and .... it made our day.

Thanks guys.

We can close this thread please.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
What's da matter U? I'm only at 34 "Likes" plus a few supportive comments in 15 posts?

I'm humbled. Really. Such a simple thing that we did.

thank you.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
People like you Sir, make this world a Better Place, and give me hope in Humanity.. may good karma come your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.