I Just got an email from Banco de Reservas.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Great news!
They have just reduced the annual rate on their credit card, from 84%, to ONLY 66%!!!
They omitted to say that the government forced all banks to reduce their annual rate to 66%!!!!
In 15 years, I only missed paying off my monthly balance one.
Since the "Fees" came to over 3,000 pesos, it has never happened again!!!!
I was out of the country, and asked my wife to make the payment, "On Time".
The line was too long, so she waited a few days!
"GOD, how I love that woman! :dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Great news!
They have just reduced the annual rate on their credit card, from 84%, to ONLY 66%!!!
They omitted to say that the government forced all banks to reduce their annual rate to 66%!!!!
In 15 years, I only missed paying off my monthly balance one.
Since the "Fees" came to over 3,000 pesos, it has never happened again!!!!
I was out of the country, and asked my wife to make the payment, "On Time".
The line was too long, so she waited a few days!
"GOD, how I love that woman! :dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I don't understand CC. You have a CC in the D.R.?

Are you Fricken nuts? Cut those suckers up. Nuff said?

miozio

May 23, 2009
Great news!
I got the same one from Santa Cruz!

tcast305

Jul 17, 2009
BPD generously did the same lol

Yes I got the same email, however interestingly enough that Banco Popular states that starting first statement in November (primer corte en Noviembre). See below:

franja-NARANJA-banco-ARREGLO.jpg

Estimado(a) Sr(a): XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Le informamos que la tasa de inter?s anual para financiamientos con su tarjeta de cr?dito, baja al 66% a partir del primer corte de noviembre.

tarjetas-para-mailing.jpg

coletilla-instagram.jpg

Banco Popular nunca le solicitar? por ning?n medio como Internet, correo electr?nico o llamada telef?nica la actualizaci?n de sus claves de acceso ni claves del Token.

Esperamos que este mensaje le sea ?til. Sin embargo, si en el futuro no desea recibir correos con ofertas de nuestros productos y servicios, por favor responder este correo colocando en el asunto "Remover".

However from email from BHD it states OCT 4:

tcast305

Jul 17, 2009

They are useful. I pay them off every month, max has been 2 months. I prefer to use them than my BPD debit card were money is taken out immediately. I've had dbl charges on the debit card, which they do fix but its a process, easier with a credit card.

Thanks.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ha ha ha, we got the same email from banco popular, miesposo was laughing out loud. you know what was BP rate before? 97%. f**king hell.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
We always maintained a good relationship with all of our U.S. banks, CC companies, Credit Unions and what ever. Though they know that we live in the D.R. and our U.S. assets have changed along with our address, THEY have never questioned it and our past relationships have continued for over 15 years after moving out of the US to the D.R. Our terms are the same as if we never left the U.S.

Our American Express, and other CC's, issued in the U.S. works fine IF and WHEN we need it here in the D.R. or anywhere around the World.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
NO, the government set a new maximum rate for ALL "CCs"!
I have never had any issues with my "Banreservas" CC in 15 years.
I always pay off the balance before any interest is charged.
You get "Points"for what you charge.
I have got a "Fridge", an American washing machine, and now am going for a big "LED Flat Screen"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
A debit card in the dr is good too when you ensure that there is a limit so any fraud that might occur will only be so much !

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com

Why?

I have done thousands of dollars in transactions on my Banco Popular card all over the world and never had a problem. Plus the RD$30-40,000+ in La Sirena bonos from the points is nice :)

Most of the fraud is against foreign cards in the DR, not locally based cards.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
That's 5.5 % a MONTH "My Man"!
My math gets that to 66% a YEAR!
"Roberto" is "100%" right about DR "CCs"!
The only time I had thousands of US Dollars, stolen :bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit::bandit:from my "Cards" was from my USA Debit Cards!!!
On the other "Mano".
About 10 years ago, "I got a call from "Banco Reservas".
They asked if I had just bought $100 US dollars in gasoline in a town outside Chicago, Il.???..(JMB ???)
I said "No!".
They immediately canceled to card.
They said I could come into any branch, and they would have the card sent there immediatly!
I said I was at home, in bed, with a "Bad Back".
"No Problema", a guy came to my bedroom the next day with my new card!
No Charge".
When $150 US dollars was stolen, in a NYC, "ATM",from my US bank Debit card, I had to fill out, and notarize, a bunch of papers,
and they treated me like a "Dominican Scam Artist".
AND charged me $25. to issue a new card, to be delivered in 10, to 15, "Working Days"!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I never actually had a "JOB", that I considered, "WORK"!!!!!!
UNTIL, I got "hired" to be a Moderator on "DR1", that is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
Maybe, "Tutoring" Ricky in math would be "Challenging"????

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If you owe the bank $10,000 they have YOU "Buy The BALLS"!
If you owe the bank,$10,000,000 you have THEM by the BALLS!!!!!!
I don't have ANY money, "BALLS"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
"BALLS", said the Queen, if I had TWO, I'd be KING"!!!!!!
Did you hear about the guy who fell on his "BALLS", and "Rectum"???? :dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Why?

I have done thousands of dollars in transactions on my Banco Popular card all over the world and never had a problem. Plus the RD$30-40,000+ in La Sirena bonos from the points is nice :)

Most of the fraud is against foreign cards in the DR, not locally based cards.

Well actually, most of the fraud on our CC accounts were on our Dominican Accounts some 10 years ago. We lost. We closed all our Dominican Accounts.

Our U.S. accounts? A couple of times we have had the CC Company call asking about a charge. One in the UK and one in France and we had not been traveling at that time. No charges and the transactions never went though. I was buying a riding mower in S.D. last year or so and was going to put it on my CC., the casher told me that I had to call the CC company. We have never lost a cent and we run up .... big CC bills traveling.

We don't pay ANY yearly fee and IF we miss a payment it's NOT anywhere near your rate. But I would like to know.... what's your CC give you in AIR MILES and other bonus points. We fly a family of 4 here from California every year and lots of other stuff.

La Sirena does not cut it with me for bonus points.

I'm sure that you are happy with your Dominican CC's at their high rate. Respect that I'm happy with my U.S. CC's. OK?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
It's only a high rate if you don't pay on time :)

Look on the Banco Popular website for "Miles" info.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Most people look at their "Credit cards" as "Loan Cards".
They carry a balance, sometimes thousands and thousands of dollars/Pesos/Euros,"Wampum", whatever.
Then pay, only the interest, not the balance due, each month, and all too often, not even an interest payment.
In the "Real World" the monthly rate is 10, to 20%, aprox.
In the DR, it's NOW, ONLY 5.5%!!!!
I, Robert, and a few others, never carry over a balance from one month to the next.
We don't pay anything!
We don't have to carry cash!
The banks actually "Reward" us for "All The Above".
"Misuse" of "Credit", not only destroys individuals, but Countries as well!
Can you hear that, Euro Zone", "Danilo", Obama, and far too many other FOOLS??????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
And, Never Forget,.. "People get the government they DESERVE!!!!!!