Receiving Packages in Sosua

HarryLB13

Feb 21, 2012
I am considering spending about six months in the Sosua area. How do folks receive mail and packages from
the States? I understand that there are some Mail Boxes etc in the Dominican Republic but I have not been
able to locate one in Sosua or the Puerto Plata area. Are there any other mail forwarding companies in the
area that provides a Florida-based address?

Thanks
Harry

HarryLB13

Feb 21, 2012
Harleysrock thanks for the quick reply. I will check the company's website to determine if it also
offers a street address in Florida

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
I signed up through EPS. EPS • Express Parcel Service, Int
You get a mailing address in Miami for packages and mail. I just got here, so I haven't sent anything yet, I am not sure of the prices. I asked for a quote to ship a Stand Up Paddleboard, and it was pretty reasonable.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Encargopaq will deliver directly to you in Sosua or Cabarete while EPS requires that you pick up packages and letters at their office.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
I use Transexpress.com, packages get mailed to Florida and then couriered over via Vimenqa which is in the Western Union Bldg by the beachway in Sosua. I find them very reliable, prompt, and reasonable. You can set up an account for free online at Transexpress.com and then they bill you so you don't have to pay in Sosua.

davetuna

Bronze
Jun 19, 2012
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
I registered with encargopaq about a month ago after recommendations here on the board. It has worked out well. I just put the shipping address in my amazon account and now it is so simple to get things. Simply buy from amazon, and in two weeks it arrives here in sosua. You also have tracking info so you can see where the package is at all times.

I am happy with this service.

dave

SultanofSwing

Jun 22, 2012
Harleysrock thanks for the quick reply. I will check the company's website to determine if it also
offers a street address in Florida

Encargo Paq does give you a street address in Florida. We started out with EPS but now use Encargo Paq which we find to be much cheaper. Haven't had any problems with shipping.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Encargo Paq does give you a street address in Florida. We started out with EPS but now use Encargo Paq which we find to be much cheaper. Haven't had any problems with shipping.

Good point, yes there is a street address for EncargoPaq. Some shippers won't ship to a PO Box that is sometimes provided by other services.

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
Does Encargo Paq deliver in Santiago, and if so, do they charge more for delivery? How long does it generally take from the moment the package hits their Florida office till it's available for pickup or delivery?

I've been using EPS and they are pretty good but at 230 pesos/lb it starts to add up if you ship a lot.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Does Encargo Paq deliver in Santiago, and if so, do they charge more for delivery? How long does it generally take from the moment the package hits their Florida office till it's available for pickup or delivery?

I've been using EPS and they are pretty good but at 230 pesos/lb it starts to add up if you ship a lot.

Probably , but one way to find out

Inicio de sesion

Primary Email
servicios@encargogroup.com
Mobile
(809) 723-6210.

Work Phone
305.591.0412 Florida