Same s*** different president

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
At first I would say to myself that this president is going to make a difference in the crime rate; then I read this article posted today,....

El Caribe ? Apresan 121 presuntos delincuentes en las ?ltimas 24 horas

At the bottom of the article it says:
El jefe policial, mayor general Manuel Castro Castillo, dijo que los operativos anti delictivos continuar?n de manera permanente, para afianzar la seguridad ciudadana y sacar de las calles a los delincuentes.

That sounds great, these operations are going to continue, that's until I spotted an article from 2011
PN detiene m?s de 140 personas e incauta veh?culos y armas en operativos | Noticias SIN

And here is what it says at the bottom:
La Jefatura de la Polic?a inform?, adem?s, que las acciones para preservar la paz y tranquilidad ciudadana seguir?n implement?ndose, con respecto a los derechos humanos de los ciudadanos.

:tired:

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
I followed you until you posted in Spanish, then I was lost..Something about 140 people ina bus or truck...I can make ou a few things, but my Spanish is very bad for reading/writing, speak much better..

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
I followed you until you posted in Spanish, then I was lost..Something about 140 people ina bus or truck...I can make ou a few things, but my Spanish is very bad for reading/writing, speak much better..

Sky,

Basically the article written today says that the chief of police says the operations will continue. The same was said in 2011 by the then chief.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
It just means, every administration say the same $hite and regurgitates the same old story over and over again. Meanwhile nothing changes. Its always about outward appearances here...never do they dig deep into the matter and come up with some real solutions to the real problems. The president does not matter, the party does not matter...its the system itself that is broken and the corruption is generations old. You can't begin to fix the problems when the people put in charge of the investigation are the ones themselves supposed to be investigated.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Ah, thanks! puppet strings again, gotcha...Same as Obumma, hope & change, still hoping for that change, blwon aways the SOB has not been impeached....I thought Lionel was doing a good job while he was Pres here in the DR, guess I was wrong..

And we need another Regan for the USA..

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Ah, thanks! puppet strings again, gotcha...Same as Obumma, hope & change, still hoping for that change, blwon aways the SOB has not been impeached....I thought Lionel was doing a good job while he was Pres here in the DR, guess I was wrong..

And we need another Regan for the USA..

skynet, do you post some of your stuff just to get enough numbers for membership into the Off Topic club?

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I actually think danilo is an improvement, not perfect but better.....

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Wow, that bad...I thought you noticed I was not around for a while..And why join the off topic club, we be on it right now ;) thanks for the early morning hugs, needed it bro..

skynet, do you post some of your stuff just to get enough numbers for membership into the Off Topic club?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Wow, that bad...I thought you noticed I was not around for a while..And why join the off topic club, we be on it right now ;) thanks for the early morning hugs, needed it bro..

you get hugs when they are in order, not when you make remarks suggesting the impeachment of President Obama.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
At first I would say to myself that this president is going to make a difference in the crime rate; then I read this article posted today,....

El Caribe ? Apresan 121 presuntos delincuentes en las ?ltimas 24 horas

At the bottom of the article it says:

That sounds great, these operations are going to continue, that's until I spotted an article from 2011
PN detiene m?s de 140 personas e incauta veh?culos y armas en operativos | Noticias SIN

And here is what it says at the bottom:

:tired:
You'll be able to say if it's the same s*** when the situation doesn't improve. Until now it looks like Danilo is not only talking...

lisagauss

Bronze
Feb 16, 2011
You'll be able to say if it's the same s*** when the situation doesn't improve. Until now it looks like Danilo is not only talking...

Believe me, I am as optimistic about Danilo as any of my friends. I truly believe he's got the potential and the pueblo backing to make a prominent change. I don't think he started in the right foot though by leaving most of Leonel's henchmen in office.

I believe controlling crime must be first on his list. I know of many many people who have left to the US solely because of the crime; these people were business people here in DR; owned Ma and Pa stores and they were burglarized at the store and at home.

I for one would be willing to get into sometime of business here would it not be for the high crime rate. Lots of tigeres target the business owners at home thinking that they keep cash at home.

In conclusion, Danilo must control the crime to bring investment into the country.

Ramjetspeed

Oct 17, 2013
Hi all I am new to writing on this forum but not new to reading the threads posted. I agree with llsagauss but it need more say form the business community before the government will start listening.
There are too many high ranking takers involved in the public sector of the is country.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
When the "Wiki Leaks" files came out, a conversation between "Leonel", and the US Ambasador was made public.
In a private meeting here is SD, Leonel was asked why he didn't do more to stop the political, and Police/Military corruption??
He said, "Sir, in the Dominican Republic, there are SOME things that even the President can't do"!
I have been reading the DR news papers since 1986.
It just the "Same $HIT, Different Day"!
I tell my father-in-law, that all they need to do is publish the same news papers everyday, just change the date!
I have seen the same "Stories" over, and over, and Over Again" since 1986.
"Corruption" will NOT be tolerated!
They Will be Punished"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The "War On Drugs" will be WON"!!!
Those responsible will be "Brought To Justice"!
No Matter WHO They ARE"!!!!!!
MORE Money for, Education, Health Care, to fight "Crime",Police & Fire protection.
The "Land Title" fraud will be STOPPED!!!!
New electric generating plants will be built,EVERYONE will have 24/7/365 "Power",AND,be forced to pay for what they use!
The drinking water will be plentiful, and "PURE"!
"Costs" will not rise".
It all a "LIE"!
To be "Re Told" every few months!
"Danilo" is just like ALL the other "Presidentes"!
Except he has a better "Press Agent"!
I think he hired "Obama's"!!!!
When you have a 30 year "Reference Point", you can see the Dr's "History Repeating It'self"!
Why does, "LOT's of "Sizzle", But No "Steak", come to mind??
Or, "Let Them EAT CAKE"??????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

ps.,
"Welcome "Ramjetspeed"!!!
Thanks for joining our interesting Community!
We hope you learn much from us.
Where in the Dom.Rep. do you live?
What brought you to our "Interesting Community"?
Christopher Colon

Last edited:

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Believe me, I am as optimistic about Danilo as any of my friends. I truly believe he's got the potential and the pueblo backing to make a prominent change. I don't think he started in the right foot though by leaving most of Leonel's henchmen in office.

I believe controlling crime must be first on his list. I know of many many people who have left to the US solely because of the crime; these people were business people here in DR; owned Ma and Pa stores and they were burglarized at the store and at home.

I for one would be willing to get into sometime of business here would it not be for the high crime rate. Lots of tigeres target the business owners at home thinking that they keep cash at home.

In conclusion, Danilo must control the crime to bring investment into the country.
Danilo had no choice than to leave those people in place. He didn't (and doesn't) have the power in the party that Leonel has.