Mr. Movember Sosua...a very cool contest to help out an organization

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
The Dogs and Cats of the Dominican Republic, a new organization, is hosting a very cool contest and one of its kind here in the DR. In November the men are asked to participate by growing a moustache to show their support towards the organization. On November 30th, the moustaches will be judged at the Britannia Pub in Sosua. Prizes and bragging rights will be handed out....to become Mr. Movember Sosua.

Here is the link for more info

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mr-Movember-Sos%C3%BAa-Dominican-Republic/608926395812981

I know I'll try my best to grow one. It would be nice to see this take off.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

Let your mustache grow in November and support the Dogs and Cats of the Dominican Republic. On 31 October and 1 November you can report with a clean-shaven face for the organizing committee which has its domicile in the 'Britannia Pub' in Pedro Clisante. You let your mustache grow the entire month November hence the name Movember (with an m for mustache) and Saturday, November 30th a very competent jury will review the growths. There are great prizes available for the longest and the largest mustache. Participation at this mustache contest costs 500 pesos. For November 9th interested can bet on the winners of this mustache contest. To make a bet costs 100 pesos and a list of candidates is available at the Britannia Pub. The winner gets half of the deposited money! The money remaining benefits the foundation Dogs and Cats.
Web: www.facebook.com

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Is this a registered Charity ? I have not heard of it before! The Dogs and Cats of the Dominican Republic, a new organization -really are mouth hairs Tax deductable ?
I hope it is a registered Charity both in the Dr and in USA where it has some form of incorporation.

Olly and the Team

Jammers

Nov 7, 2007
Dogs and Cats of the Dominican Republic, Inc.

Olly thanks for your thoughts and concerns. Yes, we are new organization and that is probably why you haven't heard of us, but many of our members have volunteered literally for years in the DR with other organizations on the North Coast. Our dedicated volunteers started a new organization in September because we felt we could help more animals that way. Dogs and Cats of the Dominican Republic, Inc. is a Minnesota non-profit corporation formed on September 26, 2013 (File #702715000021). As a non-profit corporation, donations are tax deductible up to the limits set by the IRS. As a newer organization we are currently working on adding our IRS 501(c)(3) status as well as finalizing our corporation in the DR. If you wish to see any of our documentation feel free to email me at mark@dogsandcatsdr.com.