Barbershop needed

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
I'm hoping that somebody has or knows of a good Barber in Puerto Plata...Its getting old taking my Monthly trip to SD with not much time trying to get my hair cut while I am there..I am now getting to my Eddie Van Halen look of past days again, not good!

I like my hair fairly short, fade on the sides..just hate trying to find the good ones, been using my guy in SD for 8 Years now..And if any of them speak English would be a huge plus, or I can just show them my drivers license photo..Eso..

Thanks!

Ant

Last edited by a moderator:

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
Greets skynet,
I get my hair-cuts in Cofresi, by a Austrian woman named Susi (who speaks excellent English). She is located in the plaza at the entrance to Lifestyles. She is fantastic. Her clients include many of the execs at the resort.
I split my time between here and the US, so I schedule appointments so that I see her when I first arrive and right before I leave. Her # is 809-970-7777 x 40823.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Wow! She is still there? I went there like 10 years ago... Can second that. She is very good!

Greets skynet,
I get my hair-cuts in Cofresi, by a Austrian woman named Susi (who speaks excellent English). She is located in the plaza at the entrance to Lifestyles. She is fantastic. Her clients include many of the execs at the resort.
I split my time between here and the US, so I schedule appointments so that I see her when I first arrive and right before I leave. Her # is 809-970-7777 x 40823.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
mine is in Cabarete... across from Frank12's bar , Jose O'Shay's and Papi's

Yara, speaks English.... its a salon - nails , etc, excellent haircut for 300pesos
No appt needed...usually

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
Not half bad scissors cut in a dump directly across the street from La Guinea (dry bridge on CaminoReal aka Separaci?n).
$150. Get the owner.
Another all guys' place in SG is Los Chevares on corner of Duarte and the end of Francisco Bon? between Carreras and 27.
$150. Get the owner. (used him over 25 years)

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Thanks!!! Looks pretty promising...I hate changing because you just don't know if they are good or not or wind up getting that trainee. I always paid 200 pesos with a 50.00 - 100.00 tip based on how well he did. My guy in SD really takes his time, cuts, wets, gel, cuts again for those stick em ups, done, instead of that tennis ball finish.LOL..all stick ups...Its okay if you dry your hair, can't notice, but I'm a gel dude..;)

Thanks again!

Anthony

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
PS...I copied all info, will start with that woman barber first...Man, have not been to a woman for a haircut in 27 Years or so, but that's whan I had longer hair, was at a salon in Valley Stream NY..

Thanks again!

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
It only hair. It grows back (at least mine still does) Any barber will do 75 pesos plus tip. Last time it was a new barber 200 pesos including tip for haircut and shave and he cut twice because I didn't think he cut it short enough the first time.....

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I cut my own hair, and beard! :beard::beard::beard::beard:
"Wahl" clippers work great!
I'll cut anyone's hair for 100 pesos.
I have "Trimmed" dozens of "Bearded Clams" for FREE!
Call for an appointment Ladies

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
If I hear a 'power tool' near my head........ I bolt.

Drives me up the Wahl !!!

Manuel Labor with scissors is my friend:bunny:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"William", I just cut my "Ear Hair"!
Never bothers me, but then, "I'm DEAF"!
Being "Deaf" in the DR is a real blessing!
On Sooooooooooooooooooo Many Levels!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Remember your nostrils Tom - can make you look younger w/o ear&nose hairs.

As for my 300 pesos haircut, she charges by the hair..... I can hear her counting.
Maybe thats why you guys only get charges 50-100 pesos.....:cheeky:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I "Yank Out" my nose hair!!!
Really, makes a MAN out of you, albeit a MAN with tears running down his cheeks!!!
I once told my barber he should only charge me half price since I has so little hair!!
He said, "I should charge you MORE, because I have to look for it"!!!!!
"A$$HOLE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Oh boy, you're on a roll tonite...... the barber was right.....

A Yankee yanking..... do both.

A story....
I was chauffering Frankie G's pet chimp/monkey one day while he was riding moto's...

we had to stop&wait for a while ... I was absentmindedly 'yanking ' ear hairs...

The little monkey signs me , saying- "what are doing ? pulling ear hairs?"

I gave her another banana and she shut up.

TRUE STORY..... out near las Galeras somewhere... I should ahve dropped on the side of the road.

Precocious thing:speechles

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Oh boy, you're on a roll tonite...... the barber was right.....

A Yankee yanking..... do both.

A story....
I was chauffering Frankie G's pet chimp/monkey one day while he was riding moto's...

we had to stop&wait for a while ... I was absentmindedly 'yanking ' ear hairs...

The little monkey signs me, saying - "what are doing ? pulling ear hairs?"

I gave her another banana and she shut up.

TRUE STORY..... out near las Galeras somewhere... I should ahve dropped her on the side of the road.

Precocious thing:speechles