Used Sheets Needed

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
As some of you know, I am involved with an orphanage in Haiti, Messef, and we have just had some bunk beds donated which means that most children will now get to sleep in a bed of their own for the first time in their life. What we need now is sheets, please. If you have any that you no longer use or need, please PM me or, if you can deliver them in Sosua, the West Indies Office in Calle David Stern, just across from Don Andres Hotel, can be a drop off point.

Many thanks.
Linda Stapleton de Martinez
Voluntary Coordinator of Friends of Messef.

gert51

Dec 27, 2004
think the cost of sending them from England would be too much but will investigate the cost ,where could i send them to please linda xxx

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
Thanks, both. Please don't even consider it, Gert. Things so often get "lost" in the post and the cost could not be justified.

I know nothing about hotels in SD but if anyone does and would be willing to send anything donated up here with Caribe Tours, we would be eternally grateful.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Linda, just a thought, cheap shower curtains (inner Liners) may work well especially for any children that may wet the bed..They are much cheaper than sheets here, so again, may be a good idea, just trim them down accordingly..Wish I could help

Anthony

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
Thanks, Anthony. Yes, we've used those before but they do tear quickly and they really make you sweat...no fans or AC there, no electricity most of the time. Bed wetting is a problem so whenever the mattresses are covered in plastic we leave that on. Thanks for your desire to help. We will get there, just tapping into all possible sources of help.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I am just thinking out loud here, but there is so much decent stuff available at "La pulga" I wonder if sheets could be picked up inexpensively there? I can ask tomorrow at the office.

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
Thanks. Just thought that a lot of people have more things than they need and often hang onto stuff that they will never use again, so I decided to go down that route before spending money that could be used to buy food. They really don't have to be in good condition, just more comfortable than sleeping on plastic.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Thanks. Just thought that a lot of people have more things than they need and often hang onto stuff that they will never use again, so I decided to go down that route before spending money that could be used to buy food. They really don't have to be in good condition, just more comfortable than sleeping on plastic.

Was really thinking that someone who wanted to help but didn't have sheets available could go that route to locate some.