Drug lord talks, DEA nabs Woman of the Year: Acento.com.do

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
Santo Domingo.- U.S. federal agents, based on information from the detainee Ram?n Antonio de el Puente Rosario (To?a Le?a) apprehended former National Drugs Control Agency captain Raisa de la Cruz Olivares in Puerto Rico, in connection with drug trafficking, acento.com.do reports.

It?s the first report of the arrest of a high profile figure and woman awarded in the Dominican Republic for being one of the DNCD?s most effective and correct officers in the fight against drug trafficking.

De la Cruz was allegedly linked to drug trafficking from her position at the DNCD, and was residing in Puerto Rico when she was questioned and immediately arrested.

The details of her detention figure in the documents of the Federal officials who announced del Rosario?s plea bargaining with the Drug Enforcements Administration (DEA) and U.S. prosecutors, to cut his prison sentence by at least half.

Acento.com.do adds that the prosecutors the New York South District, who interrogated del Rosario several times, revealed how Cruz Olivares was arrested and that she also entered in a plea bargaining in exchange for information, including that she was the lover of one of the directors of the DNCD, who allegedly knew of her criminal activities.

Woman of the year

Raisa de la Cruz Olivares was voted Woman of the Year in 2007 by newspaper Diario Libre.

http://dominicantoday.com/dr/local/...-talks-DEA-nabs-Woman-of-the-Year-Acentocomdo

grumpy

Sep 22, 2013
I wish I were surprised. This is the second time I've heard of a situation like this but in a different country.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Here in the DR, the "Woman Of The Year" is selected by which woman stole the most money!
I thought you knew THAT!
Before, 2007, it always went to the Dominican Prostitute who sent the most money home to help here family, usually about 2,000 pesos at Christmas time.
In 2007, none of them sent any money to the DR, Soooooooooooooooooooooooo, they went to the next "BEST" group ofDominican women, "Ladronasos"!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
I thought since he's cooperating those records would've sealed so as to not compromise the investigations. He obviously sang, or is singing, because he received, I think, a six year sentence - possibly less with time already served and good behavior.

Tono Lena has to be careful because he's also a threat to the powers that be who are trying to escape this dragnet. Puerto Rico definitely isn't safe for him! I wouldn't be surprised if he's transferred here in New York to the southern district. I believe Agosto Figueroa is also serving time at Brooklyn Federal.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Who has taken their places? Arrest all of them you want. They'll just "make more". It costs a lot of money to keep this game going.

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
I agree with you. It's like this devil has a thousand heads. You chop one off today, and tomorrow appears another. Law of supply and demand. :)

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Poison the supply to kill off the demand, easy enough.... problem solved....

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
But you're going to kill a lot of the users. Drugs are here to stay! Curbing the supply and treating users holistically would be a start in the right direction. :)

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
and so goes the war on drugs though woman of the year is a new low. Is this possible another sign that we are not winning?

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
It was Richard Nixon who started the un-winnable war on drugs and coined the phrase "War on Drugs" in 1969. People have made lots of money based upon his decision.

Thanks, I've always heard of it and thought it was comical like Nancy Reagan's,"just say no!". America is close to legalizing marihuana in my opinion. :)