T.v. channels

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
I keep losing t.v. channels on D Lancer. I power up and down the box, I also reset the card, and I reprogram using the channel search! Oh this box is two weeks old. Help! I lost espn! Any ideas?

drescape24

I've had to get DeLancer to come and fix the box about 6 times in 10 months, they always come the same day or next day and give me a new box or do some manager settings thing. I have to get them to come again because i have a few channels on one tv that doesn't have any volume.

I also do power on and off and reprogram with the channel search... A LOT!

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Hey 24,

Sorry, I'm very good with FTA and dishes in general, but never had Sky...I would imagine you should be able to scan channels? Do they provide a site to update software if any or any codes/keys? Or do they use an IKS Card? If a card, power off unit, remove card, place it back,,,But again, check the manual in case there is a security lock on it, don't want you to lose all info if it does, DTV had that.. You should really get to know your box, study the manual or check their site..I bet there is a Sky blog as well that other members may have the same issues or post your question..I don't know how much you pay, but should consider a FTA system as we discussed a while ago, only 45 bucks a Year after you buy your equipment which is yours.,.If you get one, I'll come install it for you, you just handle any heavy stuff due to my back ;) Kidding...But serious, I would consider an FTA system and look around for a blog for your box for now on the Web...

Ant

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
I've had to get DeLancer to come and fix the box about 6 times in 10 months, they always come the same day or next day and give me a new box or do some manager settings thing. I have to get them to come again because i have a few channels on one tv that doesn't have any volume.

I also do power on and off and reprogram with the channel search... A LOT!

I do the same thing! I wish I could at least get the sound to all the channels. I notice it gets worse after it rains. That's a infrastructure problem. It sounds like its a supplier issue not the end users equipment. :mad:

drescape24

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Hey 24,

Sorry, I'm very good with FTA and dishes in general, but never had Sky...I would imagine you should be able to scan channels? Do they provide a site to update software if any or any codes/keys? Or do they use an IKS Card? If a card, power off unit, remove card, place it back,,,But again, check the manual in case there is a security lock on it, don't want you to lose all info if it does, DTV had that.. You should really get to know your box, study the manual or check their site..I bet there is a Sky blog as well that other members may have the same issues or post your question..I don't know how much you pay, but should consider a FTA system as we discussed a while ago, only 45 bucks a Year after you buy your equipment which is yours.,.If you get one, I'll come install it for you, you just handle any heavy stuff due to my back ;) Kidding...But serious, I would consider an FTA system and look around for a blog for your box for now on the Web...

Ant

What's FTA? (no army jokes)

What would prevent one from purchasing a dish and plan in the states for a US address, then just bringing the dish and box to the DR and point the dish in the right direction? And continue to pay the monthly bill.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
What's FTA? (no army jokes)

What would prevent one from purchasing a dish and plan in the states for a US address, then just bringing the dish and box to the DR and point the dish in the right direction? And continue to pay the monthly bill.

FTA usually means Pirate TV although it is a TLA for Free To Air.

You can purchase a plan with DISH in the US and bring the gear here as long as you have a US address from which to pay for the plan. Keep in mind you will only be able to get satellites 110 and 119. It will take one or two 2 meter dishes to get those satellites. With two dishes being better to avoid rain fade. It is not "legal" but it is done.

Satelleites 129 and 73.7 are not reachable from the DR and they are the satellites that have most of the HD channels.

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If, "Claro TV" is available in your area, I like them.
If there are no lines in your area, they have wireless alternatives
"Claro", is Not the "BEST", because there is no "BEST" in the DR!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
FTA usually means Pirate TV although it is a TLA for Free To Air.

You can purchase a plan with DISH in the US and bring the gear here as long as you have a US address from which to pay for the plan. Keep in mind you will only be able to get satellites 110 and 119. It will take one or two 2 meter dishes to get those satellites. With two dishes being better to avoid rain fade. It is not "legal" but it is done.

Satelleites 129 and 73.7 are not reachable from the DR and they are the satellites that have most of the HD channels.

Thanks, a US address is no problem and no HD is fine too. Found the list of channels for 110 & 119 - Dish Network Channel Listings 61.5? 110? 119? 148? Satellites

I would think the worst they can do is demand their equipment back if they find out you moved it from the contracted location.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
I got my channels back!!!! I powered down my box for 5 minutes, with the card pulled out. All good now!

drescape24