Brugal rum is third most sold in the world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Brugal rum is third most sold in the world

With the largest aging warehouse for rum in the Caribbean, with capacity for 250,000 barrels, Brugal produces 4.4 million boxes a year and exports 30%. Brugal contributes 25% of all taxes paid in the alcoholic beverage sector. As reported in El Dia, the company has invested more than RD$800 million in the past four years. The company has plans to invest another billion in the next three years. The rum is aged in imported spirit barrels from 100% raw materials. Alcohol is extracted from molasses in its San Pedro de Macoris plant and the rum is later aged in the Puerto Plata-based warehouses.

Dominican Republic News & Travel Information Service

I'm pretty sure that quite a few on this forum have contributed to that :bunny:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
few months ago i did a tour in brugal factory. i was a VIP guest so i enjoyed some extra presentation with master ronero but the rest of the visit was more or less what an average tourist will see. lots of opportunities to learn. i pestered the guide with questions and was curious to try everything, from special water they use (demineralizada) to pure alcohol (strangely sweet). it was lots of fun.

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
El Dorado 25 years old - best rum in the world a few years ago. I don't know which label is now. I'm not a drinker, so to all...cheers :)

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
few months ago i did a tour in brugal factory. i was a VIP guest so i enjoyed some extra presentation with master ronero but the rest of the visit was more or less what an average tourist will see. lots of opportunities to learn. i pestered the guide with questions and was curious to try everything, from special water they use (demineralizada) to pure alcohol (strangely sweet). it was lots of fun.

I did it three times and loved it...

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
The increase in world wide sales is entirely down to the efforts of the Edrington Group. a Scottish Whisky company who purchased Brugal in 2008. Readers of this forum may know their brand The Macallan malt whisky. or Cutty Sark. Their web site can be found here:-

Edrington

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
brugal, before edrington investment, had no capacity for such expansion. edrington has a financial and logistic backup on a large scale. i believe their portfolio includes vodka right now as well. they are doing well. latest markets reached was india and japan, dominican papers were writing about it.

macallan was featured in the last bond movie. and so was brugal, actually :) in a scene on the beach when bond sees a report from an attack on MI6 in london 1888 is one of the bottles displayed at the bar ;)

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
El Dorado 25 years old - best rum in the world a few years ago. I don't know which label is now. I'm not a drinker, so to all...cheers :)

I agree, El Dorado is the best rum in the world . Before the experts chime in. I'm just being partisan since its made in a country I am fond of - Guyana :)

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I'm not a rum lover or usual drinker, but I love Zacapa, from Guatemala.

Nothing beats Brugal in bang for the buck, though.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i started drinking heavily at 16 or so and was rarely sober in high school. great times. maybe this is why i never because a connoisseur of alcohols. it's not for tasting, it's to get you wasted.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
i started drinking heavily at 16 or so and was rarely sober in high school. great times. maybe this is why i never because a connoisseur of alcohols. it's not for tasting, it's to get you wasted.

man, i would have paid good money to have seen that!!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
brugal, before edrington investment, had no capacity for such expansion. edrington has a financial and logistic backup on a large scale. i believe their portfolio includes vodka right now as well. they are doing well. latest markets reached was india and japan, dominican papers were writing about it.

Did Edrington invest in Brugal - or did they buy it outright? I'm confused.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
they bought part of the company and invested money in order for it to grow.

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
I usually have the gallon jug at home at all times. I buy it here in Atlanta for about US$30. The cheap Bacardi junk sells for US$20, but I don't touch that unless forced to. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.