Santo Domingo pools?

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
We usually go to hotel santo Domingo as it is ALWAYS empty and never more than a few people in there, and no crazy youths yapping and splashing away. And so I read this place is closing soon, and so what shall we do? Our alternative environment and preferred place is Glens in Hotel plaza real in Juan folio but that's a hike from the city.
Please tell me where you recommend in the city and how much.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Hotels, Jaragus, and Dominican Fiesta, as well as many others have "Plans" where you can use their pools by the Day, or with a paid "Membership".
My two girls are starting swimming lessons this Friday, at the pool at the Estadio Olimpico here in SD.
Good Luck"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
The pool at the Jaragua is a good choice. Not as big, but never full either. The times I've stayed at the hotel the pool was sparsely attended.

I've also been to the Dominican Fiesta. That one is a little more crowded, especially on the weekends. However, it's pretty nice and you get the buffet lunch with the day pass.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Well things have changed a bit.. eek.. after waiting for months while the Melia underwent remodeling to reopen as the Sheraton.. and was told every month that they would reopen the pool to memebers... finally now they say that the Sheraton will not open to outside guests. Nor does the Hilton. Both the Hotel Santo Domingo and the Hotel Hispaniola which have awesome pools.. are closed for remodeling.. So I am left, I guess with muscles turned to jello.. and the option of joining the little kiddy pools at the Crowne Plaza, the Neopalitano (stroke, one two three, turn) or the Jaragua, mega expensive.. kidney shaped...so I do not even know WHERE to turn.. ) AHHH Did not know how good I had it!

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
There is always Body Shop gym in Naco. It's not cheap, but they do have an indoor climatized semi-olympic pool for their members.