Just took Possesion of a New Apartment ( unfurnished) Santiago

SANTIAGO ONE

Oct 20, 2013
as the post states - apartment is empty I need everything, anybody have anything they want to sell or get rid of in city of Santiago? most immediate need- a bed ( king or queen preferably) and a refrigerator- goes without saying that I will pay for items ( dollars or pesos) if neccessary. thought I would ask before I went shopping tomorrow and have to deal with that whole thing..... Thanks.

flopsy

Jul 6, 2010
Have a look on Dominican Central, we have a load of stuff on there including super fridge/freezer. Or can email you the list, were in Susua.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Check out the pawn shops, "Compra Ventas", they have mostly used, and sometimes new, household furnishings.
Just walk out a few times until their first prices come down.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
AND, be SURE to "PM" "Hillbilly",..."HB", he is the official,"Oracle of Santiago"

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
look in the classified section of La Informaci?n...the Santiago newspaper.

there are some good buys.

Prices at Pricesmart are fair, as has been stated here several times.

Many people feel that Lama and Corripio seem to deal in refurbished appliances.

Beds are really personal, but there is a well know furniture place on Av. Metropolitana in Los Jardines.

There is a company called Distribudora Hawaii--two locations: One on Duarte Hwy at the stoplight by Leche Rica (#5 light from Monument) and another down in Gurabito past the ballbark...

Good look.

HB

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
I'll give a shoutout to my fav. place for reasonably priced furniture , La Curacao, just make sure you can pay cash as the advertised prices can come down quite a bit with money in hand. I actually have a neighbor who sells high end used stuff from her house but it's typically quite expensive since it's oak/mahogany furniture/antique sorts of stuff.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
look in the classified section of La Informaci?n...the Santiago newspaper.

there are some good buys.

Prices at Pricesmart are fair, as has been stated here several times.

Many people feel that Lama and Corripio seem to deal in refurbished appliances.

Beds are really personal, but there is a well know furniture place on Av. Metropolitana in Los Jardines.

There is a company called Distribudora Hawaii--two locations: One on Duarte Hwy at the stoplight by Leche Rica (#5 light from Monument) and another down in Gurabito past the ballbark...

Good look.

HB

I got my iron patio furniture from suplidora hawaii and everyone asks me about it and says I got an amazing deal, 12,000 RD for 4 iron rocking chairs and a glass top table.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Also to note, prices are skyrocketing on nearly everything in the DR, our dining table has nearly doubled in price (24,000 - 44,000), and our fridge has seen a 30% increase (32,000 - 42,000) in the last year, so I'd pick up stuff quickly because we all know there is only one way to go.