No Oxycontin?

Vibe_2020

Jul 1, 2003
Does anyone know where you can get Oxycontin in the Dominican Republic?

I was under the impression that you could get it at the Farmacia.

Mi esposa just had tumors removed from her breast and leg and she is in considerable pain.

Fvcking country!
My wife was exposed to the waste they dump in rural areas as a kid.
Now she is constantly having to have tumors removed from her body.

This is the third time in our 13 years together that she has had tumors removed.
First two times the chemo got it but this time surgery was needed.

Can anyone help?

WTF

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I wish your wife a speedy recovery, but i am glad that there are no highly addictive painkillers like Oxycontin available here. There are other painkillers available, but I can't see anything good coming from having Oxycontin on the street here.

Frank

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
You can probably get it through prescription, but contrary to many peoples beliefs it isn't quite as easy as is spoken to walk down any street and be able to buy anything you like.
OxyC is a filthy drug, I was put on it after surgery and ended up addicted, desperately addicted for over 2 years, coming off the stuff was a terrible and painful experience, steer her in a clearer direction. There are plenty pain killers out there that relieve pain without turning you into a junky. If however she wants to feel wrecked then just buy heroin, although that will be almost as difficult to find.
Wish her a speedy recovery and good luck!

webmacon

Jul 4, 2006
caribbeanostriches.com
Not bing smart but did you tried hydrogen peroxide food grade to fight the tumors? Doing a treatment while drinking it or put directly on the spot can help wonders. Look that up, the truth about hydrogen peroxide.

Good luck.

BostonMary

May 18, 2002
It will be very hard. My husband got a prescription for Valium from a Doctor and we found that there was only one place to fill the prescription in Puerto Plata and there was a soldier with a rifle sitting there. Most pharmacies don't and won't carry controlled substances as it is dangerous

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

Mi esposa just had tumors removed from her breast and leg and she is in considerable pain.

Fvcking country!

This is the third time in our 13 years together that she has had tumors removed.

Can anyone help?

WTF

ask Rush Limbaugh....

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
no oxy. ask the doctor about pain management. i usually recommend a combination of OTC pain killers and some anti depressants (like mirtazepine or amitriptiline) for an additional affect. for now maybe try pregabalina, 150 mg. ask a doctor if it is a good choice, thou.

post-op pain is intense but short lived. she should be gradually getting better and hopefully with cutting that stuff out she will have no more issues. best wishes for both of you.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
It is amazing that people in real pain cannot get the meds they need while those in the government help bring in the "illegal" drugs to make a few extra dollars all of the time.

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
Please, before taking any over the counter medication(those that are available in the DR without a prescription) ask your doctor first as they could have an interaction with other prescription drugs you may be taking.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
" Many patients addicted to the drug often go ?doctor-shopping?. This is the term coined to describe the phenomenon of patients going to different doctors and obtaining prescriptions for the drug. They also go to different pharmacies in different areas to get those prescriptions filled so that they buy the drug unnoticed. To sustain their habits, OxyContin abusers sometimes engage in committing fraud and theft (US DHHS 2001), and abusers will commit forgery and alter prescriptions. Burglaries and robberies in pharmacies have been reported. Abusers use the drug in unintended ways by crushing the tablets, dissolving and injecting, or snorting the powder. In the process of getting a quick heroin-like high, people put themselves at risk of overdose-related death. There have also been case reports of adolescents stealing OxyContin from their parents (Katz and Hays 2004)."

Although there has not been any mention about specific data, doctor shopping remains one of the popular ways of illicitly obtaining the prescription drug for abuse (DEA 2002). Robberies, burglaries, and thefts are some of the other methods of obtaining OxyContin illegally.

News about OxyContin abuse first surfaced in rural areas of Maine during the late 1990s and then spread down the east coast to include West Virginia, Kentucky, Southern Ohio. The most hard hit areas were that of the rural Appalachia and Ohio valley (Inciardi and Goode 2003). Data suggest that Kentucky was one of the leading states for OxyContin-related crimes, mostly break-ins (Inciardi and Goode 2003). There was a tremendous increase in the number of patients admitted for treatment of narcotic-related abuse, and the majority of them were being treated for OxyContin. Many reports of OxyContin abuse appeared in the local newspapers and television channels; however, media outlets also reported that the OxyContin abuse problem was not restricted to the rural Appalachia but was spreading across the entire United States."

Well, that's all we need here in the DR...a new generation of people highly addicted to Oxycontin, Vicadon, etc. and the crime wave that would quickly follow it.

No Thanks.

Frank

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Check with your doctor, but would suggest a high dose of magnesium citrate or glycinate. Could try with 400 mg 3 times a day. If that causes diarrhea, lower the dose. Magnesium is regarded among nutritionists as a pain killer.

Homairy

Banned
Oct 13, 2013
" Many patients addicted to the drug often go ?doctor-shopping?. This is the term coined to describe the phenomenon of patients going to different doctors and obtaining prescriptions for the drug. They also go to different pharmacies in different areas to get those prescriptions filled so that they buy the drug unnoticed. To sustain their habits, OxyContin abusers sometimes engage in committing fraud and theft (US DHHS 2001), and abusers will commit forgery and alter prescriptions. Burglaries and robberies in pharmacies have been reported. Abusers use the drug in unintended ways by crushing the tablets, dissolving and injecting, or snorting the powder. In the process of getting a quick heroin-like high, people put themselves at risk of overdose-related death. There have also been case reports of adolescents stealing OxyContin from their parents (Katz and Hays 2004)."

Although there has not been any mention about specific data, doctor shopping remains one of the popular ways of illicitly obtaining the prescription drug for abuse (DEA 2002). Robberies, burglaries, and thefts are some of the other methods of obtaining OxyContin illegally.

News about OxyContin abuse first surfaced in rural areas of Maine during the late 1990s and then spread down the east coast to include West Virginia, Kentucky, Southern Ohio. The most hard hit areas were that of the rural Appalachia and Ohio valley (Inciardi and Goode 2003). Data suggest that Kentucky was one of the leading states for OxyContin-related crimes, mostly break-ins (Inciardi and Goode 2003). There was a tremendous increase in the number of patients admitted for treatment of narcotic-related abuse, and the majority of them were being treated for OxyContin. Many reports of OxyContin abuse appeared in the local newspapers and television channels; however, media outlets also reported that the OxyContin abuse problem was not restricted to the rural Appalachia but was spreading across the entire United States."

Well, that's all we need here in the DR...a new generation of people highly addicted to Oxycontin, Vicadon, etc. and the crime wave that would quickly follow it.

No Thanks.

Frank

Bang on!
Horrible stuff!
Ever watch " Drugs Inc" on nationl geographic? Prescription pain pill abuse, has taken over traffic accidents in the USA as the number one killer!
Some of the security despensing devices in these pharmacies are insanely secure, due to repeated theft.
Partly because of doctors on the take, prescribing bogus scripts to dealers, getting passed to addicts.
Stay away from this garbage if you have half a brain!
To the OP, get her to deal with the pain with a less toxic option.
Go watch a few episodes of Drugs Inc and/or Locked Up Abroad, to witness how drugs ruin lives all over the world!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
no need to be smartass and talk about the evils of oxy addiction in the states. one, this is DR. two, the woman is in genuine pain.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Has the surgeon not prescribed a fitting prescription?
I might be wrong (by all counts I am due to this ladies predicament) but is it not common practice to be prescribed meds appropriate for recovery directly after treatment by the surgeon/doctor who performed the surgery?
Maybe pay the surgeon a visit and ask him/her.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Not Oxycontin, but Oxycodone, just about the same, so Yes it is, Santo Domingo Cancer Hospital, PM me if you like

Anthony

Fvcking country!

Can anyone help?

WTF

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
not really, smart. first, there is a lack of appropriate meds. second, dominican doctors do not like to prescribe them at all. third, no one really cares. after my surgery i got diclofenac. that's it. not even in a hospital they bothered with something stronger.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
No surprise, a surgeon prescribing meds to a patient is rather logical for this place.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
The doctors here think tramadol is the great painkiller..very weak one at that..but the real story is this, they don't like to give a script because, so I was told, the Pharma will make a copy and rob the meds...Hows that for a lame excuse,I'm being very serious. I was told this by 3 doctors when I first got here and paid about 4,000 only to hear this BS..1,000 or more for each office visit . They gave Tramadol and Diclofenac, not sure of the spelling, maybe DV8 has it right....got to be kidding me...I can't imagine dealing with the pain I have without pain med and anti-inflammatory meds...Cancer patients are right there, both pains are surreal!!

I watched my mother & Grandma die from Cancer, very painful, doctors gave them morphone pills besides Oxy, which is the same anyways

not really, smart. first, there is a lack of appropriate meds. second, dominican doctors do not like to prescribe them at all. third, no one really cares. after my surgery i got diclofenac. that's it. not even in a hospital they bothered with something stronger.