Presented today as a candidate leonel fernandez

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
SANTO DOMINGO. At a time when the inner winds of the Dominican Liberation Party (PLD) blowing around the presidential aspirations for the elections of 2016, a group headed by Senator Jos? Rafael Vargas, will today launch candidacy Mocha Leonel Fernandez.

"On this occasion, a group of legislators, accompanied by forces of the national community in the country present who will be the next President of the Dominican Republic," argues the call and invitation to the activity to be held at the museum Mon C?ceres, from 9 am.

The initiative is attributed to Senator Vargas, who is paid to hold a meeting of the LDP in the municipality of the Espaillat province, confirmed Luis Taveras, assistant legislator.

"We expect to join us with your presence and show the country the proposed growth and progress of the Dominican Republic for the year 20016-2020" concludes pointing out the ad.

With the presentation of Fern?ndez, further heated PLD stage, currently with high temperatures keep aspiring Francisco Javier Garc?a, Themistocles Montas and Reinaldo Pared, who are promoted with billboards on public roads. It is possible that on the way you decide to compete again for the nomination, Francisco Dom?nguez Brito, Jose Tomas Perez and Radhames Segura, among others.

Presentar?n hoy a Leonel Fern?ndez como candidato - DiarioLibre.com

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
He is by far the smartest of all PLD candidates (and thus by definition the smartest of all Dominican presidential candidates). If he could just manage to keep the thieves out of his government. I don't doubt he is going to be the next president.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
He is by far the smartest of all PLD candidates (and thus by definition the smartest of all Dominican presidential candidates). If he could just manage to keep the thieves out of his government. I don't doubt he is going to be the next president.

keep the thieves out of his government? so what is he now?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
so far he is only a candidate to be a candidate. the decision as to who will represent PLD in 2016 will take place next year, i believe? in internal elections. of course there isn't really anyone else to go with. political scene of DR is as stale as a crust on the ass of the duchess of alba.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

When did he keep the thieves out before? I agree he will be the next president.

Empiric

Apr 24, 2013

No past presidents have been able to do that... except Trujillo. Btw, I see lately more and more people, old and young, openly stating that dduring Trujillo administration there were more pro than con

and that the nation infrastructure is what "he" left in place (1961), including the main international airport

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
No past presidents have been able to do that... except Trujillo. Btw, I see lately more and more people, old and young, openly stating that dduring Trujillo administration there were more pro than con

and that the nation infrastructure is what "he" left in place (1961), including the main international airport

I don't agree with the latter (not implying that I do agree with the former). The three PLD governments since 1996 did a lot of infrastructure improvement in the capital and adding or modernizing highways throughout the country. When I first came to this country leonel was on his way out, I remember the road to Las Americas was under construction. It stayed like that until 2004, only when the PLD came back in charge it was finished.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I don't agree with the latter (not implying that I do agree with the former). The three PLD governments since 1996 did a lot of infrastructure improvement in the capital and adding or modernizing highways throughout the country. When I first came to this country leonel was on his way out, I remember the road to Las Americas was under construction. It stayed like that until 2004, only when the PLD came back in charge it was finished.
the reason why the highway was not completed before 2004 is that the metropolitan area is PLD territory, and the PRD focuses on the campo. if the PRD wins the next election, there will be no more money spent on the Metro.