What's burning near Playa Dorada ???

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
Anybody knows what been burning since this morning near Playa Dorada ??

I see the smoke from my balcony here in POP and saw bomberos going that way. It still burns and I don't know what it is but just that I get black stuff on my balcony and into the appartment. I'm in the wind path...

Thanks to anyone around there...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it is sugar cane. it will last a while longer so do not go crazy with mopping just yet.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I thought it might have something to do with,"dv".
I know that every time I set my eyes on her they start to burn,:knockedou:knockedou:knockedou:knockedou:knockedou,
and I "Catch on FIRE"!!!!!! ;););););)
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
Thanks for the tip DV8, I was about to start mopping the floor.... Anyway the cats are having fun running and jumping all over the living-room trying to catch that black sh.t.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Sorry that I have not kept up with my weather reports that sometimes include conditions in POP as seen from my place about 10 miles to your S.E. in Playa Chiquita.

Burning the sugar cane fields. When I looked this morning the whole POP area was covered with a rather heavy haze that extended up the coast. Though I could see that POP was still there, it was difficult. Usually the late morning winds blow it out.

BUT.... this PM the haze is worse then this morning and I can not see POP at all so don't know if they are still burning or just high humidity with the high pollution and the winds have stayed light all day.

(But I would not count out that our hot number dv8 has not contributed to it.)

Happens every year.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Being the hottest thing around I think you probably did.

(she must have plugged something in that had Edenorte add another generator thus the added smog.... an electric mop to clean them floors.)

:) Love ya dv8.