A Dominican is worth for nothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
My believe as of my five years of experience living in the US is that we Dominicans are seem to be worth for nothing by people of other countries including our brothers of Latino American descendant.

I can't eat this Sh**t one of theses days I am going to have a very bad behavior about that!

Today there it was a guy from Uruguay bragging to be better than me in front of my American coworkers.

Holy crap!

JJ

My believe as of my five years of experience living in the US is that we Dominicans are seem to be worth for nothing by people of other countries including our brothers of Latino American descendant.

I can't eat this Sh**t one of theses days I am going to have a very bad behavior about that!

Today there it was a guy from Uruguay bragging to be better than me in front of my American coworkers.

Holy crap!

JJ

He is just jealous about the hot Dominicanas!

JohnnyBoy

Bronze
Jun 17, 2012
Bachata maybe you need to hang out with classier people. Lots of Dominicans are well integrated into the business community here in NY. And the rest get our coke LOL. Just kidding bro. Take it from where it comes.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
JJ, there are jerks in all ethnicities. If he sees it bothers you, he'll do it again.

I'm sorry you had to experience that.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
An old joke:
What is the best hire for a company? Hire a guy from Uruguay for what he is worth!
What is the worst hires for a company? Hire a guy from Uruguay for what he THINKS he is worth!!!!

They have a very inflated opinion of themselves.

HB

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
JJ, there are jerks in all ethnicities. If he sees it bothers you, he'll do it again.

I'm sorry you had to experience that.

Tomorrow I'll give him something I promised several weeks ago; the handle book, learn about the United states: Quick civics lessons for the new naturalization test... he has been living here for 25 years and doesn't speaks 1/3 of the English I can perform... I moved here in 2008 and three years and three months later I became an American citizen, he is aware of not doing good during the test.

So who is the smarty pants or the Idiot?

JJ

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
I wouldn't even worry about it anymore Bachata.
Many people I've encountered think we are Haitans and that we swim over to Miami.
A handful of others ask why I am not black and the others don't understand why I am not Mexican.
Honestly speaking, other than Dominicans, I don't think I've ever heard another Latino say anything nice about the Dominican Republic. It used to pi$$ me off when I lived in LosAngeles but I have bigger fish to fry now... They don't pay my bills :)

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
My believe as of my five years of experience living in the US is that we Dominicans are seem to be worth for nothing by people of other countries including our brothers of Latino American

JJ

Yeh, obviously, and so what's your point?:cheeky:

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
The only significant thing about Uruguay is that its next to Brazil, and ..............and.............that's it

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
bachata said:
including our brothers of Latino American descendant.
I don't see any point to compare Dominicans to other Latinos, because most of Dominicans are not Latinos at all. Look at people from Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica.... look at people from Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador... those are different kinds of Latinos, but Dominicans, they just speak Spanish (well, the most ugly version of Spanish ever), but they are not Latinos.

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
I don't see any point to compare Dominicans to Latinos, because most of Dominicans are not Latinos at all. Look at people from Argentina, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica.... look at people from Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador... those are different kinds of Latinos, but Dominicans, they just speak Spanish (well, the most ugly version of Spanish ever), but they are not Latinos.

What in h*** are you talking about?

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
What in h*** are you talking about?
Well, just imagine that somebody put you on the plane from Europe or US, with your eyes closed, and you were not told what country is the destination, and you have not been in DR before. They transport you from the airport to the center of Santo Domingo and let you open your eyes. You look around, see all those guaguas, carros publicos, garbage, chaos traffic, people around... and then they ask you, where do you think you are? Honestly, I'd say that somewhere in Africa..... wait a second, they speak Spanish...

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Reverse it JJ..good idea, but come across as a concerned friend by giving him that handbook in a nice way, see if he can grow a heart for your friendship. defuse the entire situation...If he continues, then being the American Citizen you are, take his butt outside and show him how we do things ;)

Tomorrow I'll give him something I promised several weeks ago; the handle book, learn about the United states: Quick civics lessons for the new naturalization test... he has been living here for 25 years and doesn't speaks 1/3 of the English I can perform... I moved here in 2008 and three years and three months later I became an American citizen, he is aware of not doing good during the test.

So who is the smarty pants or the Idiot?

JJ

Amu

Oct 4, 2010
How sad it must be to spend 24/7 of your time on a forum related to a country/people you cant stand, ohh sweet irony...

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
I've heard in the US Dominicans are known as Dumbinicans. :confused: lol.

In the Dominican, Dominicans are known as Duminicans, often even by other Dominicans who have lived outside of the Dominican and had the lobotomy reversed.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Wow, reminds me of when I was about 13..My dad was an Conductor/Engineer for the LIRR, 35 Years..He always told us kids, if you need to take the train, tell the conductor that your my son, A.J Last name...well, it was me and 4 of my brothers, don't know exactly where we got on, maybe Babylon..Conductor came to us, TICKETS.. I asked, do you know A.J Last name..NO! he walked away, about 5 minutes later the train stops, guy comes back over to us, opened the door which there was no platform, told us to get off..My brother Mike asked, where are we? He said, your up ****s creek!! We had to get off, walked the tracks back home, took what seemed 5 hours..true story...I still blame my dad for his so called wonder twin powers that did not work..However, the guy was very young, so maybe he was a rookie...Funny as hell now, but definitely not then..Dad still tells that story at times..HA! Glad he still gets a kick out of it..NOT! :)

Well, just imagine that somebody put you on the plane from Europe or US, with your eyes closed, and you were not told what country is the destination, and you have not been in DR before. They transport you from the airport to the center of Santo Domingo and let you open your eyes. You look around, see all those guaguas, carros publicos, garbage, chaos traffic, people around... and then they ask you, where do you think you are? Honestly, I'd say that somewhere in Africa..... wait a second, they speak Spanish...

Status
Not open for further replies.