? IS THERE anything similar like CABARETE in PUNTA CANA AREA?

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
i have seen a lot of the DR. HOWEVER wondered if PC AREA , There was anything similar to the Cabarete area and if so , is it double the expense or more to live there long term?

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
El Cortecito is as close as you'll probably find...several non-inclusive hotels/condos available to stay in and a few restaurants on the beach sort of like Cabarete...I believe it's considerably more expensive to live there, but not close to double...

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
If you have been to the NC, or live here, there is nothing in PC that compares, nothing. I have been there quite a few times, and really hate the layout of the place. There is nothing really to do, no mountains, no rivers, etc.
But as DavidZ says El Cortecito may be, but IMO its not.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
You will not find a Cab environment in Bavaro, little Haiti (or El Cort) is nothing and you'd be bored after a day there, maybe afternoon. There is a young crowd there and there are certain bars where you will find a great social scene. The hookers are arriving steadily, but on the beach you will not find anything at all close to Cab, chalk and cheese. Accommodation is cheap in Bavaro, contrary to what most believe. But if you want to pay a lot then you can, but really no need.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Much of Las Terrenas is similar. Many indie hotels, restaurants spread around, lots of very beautiful beaches, close to fun stuff to do.

It's not PC, but that's perfectly fine by me.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Much of Las Terrenas is similar. Many indie hotels, restaurants spread around, lots of very beautiful beaches, close to fun stuff to do.

It's not PC, but that's perfectly fine by me.

DRob, I'm not a big fan of Las Terrenas, but it kicks the cr@p out of anything PC has to offer.......

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
i have seen a lot of the DR. HOWEVER wondered if PC AREA , There was anything similar to the Cabarete area and if so , is it double the expense or more to live there long term?

Go right to Las Terrenas on the Samana Peninsula. There is a wide variety of some of the best beaches in the DR. There are many great restaurants and bars. You can snorkel, surf and kite board.

LTSteve