Daycares? Nannies? How and where to find them please.

randmwerner

Oct 27, 2013
Hi,
My husband and I along with our daughter will be moving to Punta Cana part time starting this year. We've pretty much worked everything out, but the one thing that still concerns us a great deal is how and where to find quality childcare. We don't need a live in nanny, just a responsible english/spanish sitter 1-2 times per week. I can't find anything online to assist in our search. & Finding someone upon our arrival would be fine, I just don't know where to start.
Does anyone know of any Daycare centres or agency's in Punta Cana/Bavaro you could forward me?
Many thanks in advance for any guidance.
-M

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Hey RW,

There are always schools/daycare around from what I have seen living in Santo Domingo and now Puerta Plata..Meaning, if you just walk a few blocks or so, I betcha you will see a few...I would even offer to sit if you were here in POP, so that may be another option, perhaps a member on this site. And if you also have any pets, we all usually help with that too.. Overall, since I don't live in the area you're going, I can't really help you..Wait to see for others to chime in and they will...Also, WELCOME TO DR1!! :) I would post how old your daughter is should there be a few schools/centers with age differences etc so you will get the correct information..And when you find one, and you will, see if lunch/snacks are included, of course knowledge of CPR, you know the drill being a parent..The 911 services here are close to none, so being a parent myself, I would want the sitter/center to have all bases covered in an emergency..

Good Luck!

ANthony

Hi,
My husband and I along with our daughter will be moving to Punta Cana part time starting this year. We've pretty much worked everything out, but the one thing that still concerns us a great deal is how and where to find quality childcare. We don't need a live in nanny, just a responsible english/spanish sitter 1-2 times per week. I can't find anything online to assist in our search. & Finding someone upon our arrival would be fine, I just don't know where to start.
Does anyone know of any Daycare centres or agency's in Punta Cana/Bavaro you could forward me?
Many thanks in advance for any guidance.
-M

Aquaria

Jul 20, 2013
I will be in Punta Cana from end of November and 6 months, I could sit for you a couple of times per week. I am a mother of 2 grown children, that has turned out fine. :)

randmwerner

Oct 27, 2013
Thank you Anthony. Unfortunately we will not be in POP. We've lived there before a long time ago, but this time we decided to try the east coast. :) & Thank you for the welcome.
Absolutely, we need someone who we can trust wholeheartedly. Our daughter is our entire world and being first time parents as well, we are a little skiddish with childcare. CPR is a must but generally we just want someone who will take the best care of her while we are out.

She will be 3 in January.

Hey RW,

There are always schools/daycare around from what I have seen living in Santo Domingo and now Puerta Plata..Meaning, if you just walk a few blocks or so, I betcha you will see a few...I would even offer to sit if you were here in POP, so that may be another option, perhaps a member on this site. And if you also have any pets, we all usually help with that too.. Overall, since I don't live in the area you're going, I can't really help you..Wait to see for others to chime in and they will...Also, WELCOME TO DR1!! :) I would post how old your daughter is should there be a few schools/centers with age differences etc so you will get the correct information..And when you find one, and you will, see if lunch/snacks are included, of course knowledge of CPR, you know the drill being a parent..The 911 services here are close to none, so being a parent myself, I would want the sitter/center to have all bases covered in an emergency..

Good Luck!

ANthony

randmwerner

Oct 27, 2013
Hi Aquaria,

Thanks so much. Is there a way we could talk? If possible, you can email me personally to let me know a little bit more about you. Thanks. - M

I will be in Punta Cana from end of November and 6 months, I could sit for you a couple of times per week. I am a mother of 2 grown children, that has turned out fine. :)