• Thread starter "The Tourist Watcher"
  • Start date

Re: Extortion You are telling me?

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

People who do extortion at the airport get promoted to supervisors if their take exceeds the average. You have to understand that the money here flows from bottom to top, never from top to bottom. For instance, if a legislator gets a 10% commission fee for a favorable vote on a government purchase, lets say of airplanes for the air force, he will keep his money and it will not flow down to his supporters and even those who served as intermediaries in the purchase. He or She might be nice enough to get them to pass the Immigration security check with a false passport to the USA for a friend or family, or perhaps get an exhoneration of duties for a car, but never cash money. However, baggage checkers at the Immigration Office at the airport have to report their take all the way to the director and the military brass posted there, because the money trickles up to the chiefs. In fact, from the year-round take, the chief will send a part all the way to the Presidencial Palace, where someone there directly responsible for his appointment will get his share. Why do you think the Dominican Republic is the Capital of SUVs in the world?

C

criss colon

After my "yearly" buying trip to the US, I return with 2 large trunks,several carry-ons and a "briefcase"! When I go through customs,No electronics, I always have a bag of M&M,s(big bag!)on top, so if they open a trunk, I say"this bag is for your children," and I also give the porter, 100 pesos to pass to the inspector at a later time.For 2-3 hundred pesos, and a bag of M&M,s I,m on my way. I also "smile" as big as I can, and make lots of small talk about no "Chicharones" in Boston!etc. etc.Criss

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

I forgot to mention in my last post about (You can buy yourself out of anything)that the only things that can get you in real trouble with the law and be very hard to get out even with lots of money are the Drug Laws(you fool around with drugs and you are in deep sh...), Abuse of Women(rape,beatings,threats)covered under law 24-97, children abuse(special note: if you go to jail for any children rape, killing or major crime,or killing your mother, you may never make it alive out of jail. The prisoners will take care of you within a few days during a blackout. Nobody will ever know who did it)and to a lesser extend, gun laws, in other words illegal possession of guns(Law 36). Remember, even Certificates 25 Gun Permits issued by the military and police and some high officials in government are now illegal. Another new sensitive area now is organizing illegal boat trips for immigration purposes. If you were planning to become rich organizing tours of boat people to Puerto Rico, watch out! You might be better off learning how to do eco-tourism.