problems with cable tv menu (tricom)

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
hi there, i just want to know if anyone who is using tricom also has problems with the menu meaning the menu doesn't give inf. like what program you're watching at the moment and what program is next.

i asked the landlord and it seems that more appartments have these problems, i was just wondering if it was us or if it was tricom and if you guys have this problem also.

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
Call Tricom if the contract is in your name, or ask the landlord to call them, they can send the impulse to reset the equipment, if it doesn't work, they can send the technician to your apartment.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
hi there, i just want to know if anyone who is using tricom also has problems with the menu meaning the menu doesn't give inf. like what program you're watching at the moment and what program is next.

i asked the landlord and it seems that more appartments have these problems, i was just wondering if it was us or if it was tricom and if you guys have this problem also.

get used to things not working normally here. i have Telecable POP, and every week the numbers of the channels change. last week ABC was 87. this week it is 84.

welcome to the DR.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
I've got Tricom and just thought it was normal that the menu doesn't do sh1t. It just asks what language, subtitles I want the TV in and what language I want the menu in, then an exit option.
To find out what channel you're watching press the 'ok' button.

I accept this like anything else. Within a hour of installation the 2, the 'down' and '0' were no working on the control. On calling the tech up and asking him to return with a new controller and being declined, take it up with Tricom, I decided to walk 300yrds and buy a universal control and safe my blood pressure.
Kind of get used to knowing when your beat within a few seconds and just accepting it!

You can fight it but you will never get around customer service not serving you sh1t in this country, other than attitude, lies and costing you time for nothing.

Last edited:

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
i should let my landlord call, but i never had problems before, now the menu doesn't work so i don't even know what i'm watching. everyone in the building had the same problem, i thought it was just my box.

but because it's sunday nothing could be done at this moment, so we'll wait to tomorrow.