Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default How does DR rank...

Those of you who have traveled extensively... how does DR rank in terms of friendliness of the people to foreigners? How does it rank among Latin countries? Asian countries? European? Please share your thoughts.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

They are very friendly to your dollars. As a result of that excessive so–called friendliness, they rank #1 in my top of most annoying people, maybe only Egyptians are more annoying.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hernandez View Post
    They are very friendly to your dollars. As a result of that excessive so–called friendliness, they rank #1 in my top of most annoying people, maybe only Egyptians are more annoying.
    Are you Egyptian ?

4. Likes Rattus_Rattus liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i do not find dominicans particularly friendly. never did. i have met more genuinely nice people in london.

as a teen i used to travel by hitch hiking. i was often treated to a meal or given some change. met lots of great folks. maybe because i was younger and more enthusiastic too? now i sport a face only a viper could love so i probably do not encourage excessive friendliness. but then i actually have some expectations towards someone i can call a "friend". and i have no friends among dominicans.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

hmmm.....

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

i can see from your questions that you are looking for reasons to hatch in DR for good. stop with this silliness. there is NOTHING you can really learn from us. get some cash, sub lent your apartment and stay here for 6 months or so. see the things for yourself. you never know until you try. and you know you want to

8. Likes explorer1 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dv8 View Post
    i can see from your questions that you are looking for reasons to hatch in DR for good. stop with this silliness. there is NOTHING you can really learn from us. get some cash, sub lent your apartment and stay here for 6 months or so. see the things for yourself. you never know until you try. and you know you want to
    Not sure what "hatch in DR for good" means, but I think I get the gist of your comment...

Also, I am "between houses" at the moment, and am thinking of earning my namesake by going abroad before settling in again here. Oh, and yes, this is getting a bit silly. One cannot get a true assessment of a situation through the eyes of others...

And yes, I want to. Just too many places, not enough money and time...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Dominicans love to have foreigners as friends. They love to ask to lend them some money and never give them back. They love to ask a "friend" to pay for the dinner. So actually your wallet will be their best friend, but not you.

11. Likes Rattus_Rattus liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I find Dominicans friendly enough. Like any other country, some people are friendly, others are not. Like the rest of countries that have a poorer population, you need to watch who you call friend and who you do not. This is not solely a Dominican issue.

It's the expats that one need to be wary of.

13. Likes explorer1, bilko, bob saunders, smitty777 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hernandez View Post
    Dominicans love to have foreigners as friends. They love to ask to lend them some money and never give them back. They love to ask a "friend" to pay for the dinner. So actually your wallet will be their best friend, but not you.
    You have been royally screwed over eh?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast