DR vs Haiti

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Last night I had converstation with my fiances mother who resides in Santo Domingo and she was telling me stories about DR and Haiti. I never understand but please help me to understand this more clearly.

Does DR is going to approve Haitis to live in DR? Since you know, SD is full and there is no room unless they live elsewhere, right? As far I know, SD itself is approx 7 million population but sadly grow rapidly and it's getting crowded.

I personally think DR should not approve any Haiti to move in DR at once. Will this cause war between DR and Haiti? What Washington DC now has to do about this: http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...ic-defends-controversial-ruling-in-Washington

The British is coming: http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/tourism/2013/10/25/49422/The-British-are-coming Does that mean war or just officials coming to DR to solve the long-awaited Haiti issue?

I am little worried about my fiances family down there, will they be fine or DR will get out out of hand? Do you think USA will step in and help or let DR do it on their own?

Personally, I think this Haiti thing is nuts and it is not fair for DR either.

Any comments?

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
There will be no "war".

There will be international economic aid to assist the DR government to resolve the Haitian "problem" humanely.

There are not "7 million people" living in Santo Domingo.

"Dominican Today" reports are hardly reason for concern. There are usually misquotes from other publications and gross inaccuracies in their "headline stories".

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
War? Of course not!lol! This issue will be resolved and people will see that there was no reason for
all the international hoopla.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Haiti has no army. It is occupied by the United Nations troops, MINUSTAH. The Dominican Republic has a huge army. This is just an issue over citizenship and papers for children of Haitians who were born here. It really makes no difference to life of the day to day......

yes, we are alll hoping that a long simmering issue is going to be solved

no worries

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
War? Of course not!lol! This issue will be resolved and people will see that there was no reason for
all the international hoopla

Actually, it's kind of a fundraiser. It's working. People are reading about it and talking about it all over the developed world.

This problem won't really be solved until Haiti come up with some kind of functional government. They couldn't possibly come up with a system to properly identify and document all the people affected by the recent law without international assistance.

As the post quake progress continues the problem of undocumented Haitian nationals born in the D.R. will subside but that progress will take a decade or more to materialize.

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
Actually, it's kind of a fundraiser. It's working. People are reading about it and talking about it all over the developed world.

This problem won't really be solved until Haiti come up with some kind of functional government. They couldn't possibly come up with a system to properly identify and document all the people affected by the recent law without international assistance.

As the post quake progress continues the problem of undocumented Haitian nationals born in the D.R. will subside but that progress will take a decade or more to materialize.

I'm glad to hear that it's having a positive affect because now the organizations can see that there
is an issue with documentation that needs to be resolved and can come up with a solution.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I'm glad to hear that it's having a positive affect because now the organizations can see that there
is an issue with documentation that needs to be resolved and can come up with a solution.

you know, I am so used to saying that Haiti is such a weak state etc etc.. but I just checked and they have elections in which half of the population votes.. IFES Election Guide | Country Profile: Haiti and half of the population is under 18 UNICEF - At a glance: Haiti - Statistics SO there must be the BULK of the population that has IDs and voter IDs. .. right? I know that international community spent billions to get Haiians registered for Preval's second election in 2006 i think/.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Who started this thread, a 7 year old kid? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Are you kidding? I'm 37 and hard of hearing so I do not know what is happening. I have a fiance who is hard of hearing too and newborn daughter which arrived in DR last June and my wedding is due next month which I am very excited about. I am still new to DR because it was my 3rd visit since 2011.

If you think I am 7 years old, obviously you are.

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
Last night I had converstation with my fiances mother who resides in Santo Domingo and she was telling me stories about DR and Haiti. I never understand but please help me to understand this more clearly.

If you had a conversation with the lady wasn't that a good opportunity to get your questions answered? Or was she too stupid to explain or you too stupid to understand? Does your fiance have any education, can she clarify a few things for you?

Does DR is going to approve Haitis to live in DR? Since you know, SD is full and there is no room unless they live elsewhere, right? As far I know, SD itself is approx 7 million population but sadly grow rapidly and it's getting crowded.

Uuuuuf are you serious writing nonsense like this?

I personally think DR should not approve any Haiti to move in DR at once. Will this cause war between DR and Haiti? What Washington DC now has to do about this: http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...ic-defends-controversial-ruling-in-Washington

Who is even talking or debating letting the Haitians move to DR? War between DR and Haiti? My question is did you fiance's mother ask you for $$$ to prepare for the upcoming war? lol.

The British is coming: http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/tourism/2013/10/25/49422/The-British-are-coming Does that mean war or just officials coming to DR to solve the long-awaited Haiti issue?

HAHAHAHA. Yes the British are invading DR! It means war! Buy your suegra a bullet-proofed SUV! And yes foreign diplomats always travel on warships to solve "long-awaited issues"! (Well maybe Americans hahaha)

I am little worried about my fiances family down there, will they be fine or DR will get out out of hand? Do you think USA will step in and help or let DR do it on their own?

HAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAAA...

Personally, I think this Haiti thing is nuts and it is not fair for DR either.

Personally i think you have a mental capacity of a 7 year old kid.

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
How can i edit my last post? I wanna delete the post and as the reason put "aaaaw what's the point, who cares".

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
It's too late to edit the post. I believe you have 10 minutes from the time you post to edit or delete.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Our troops are going to repell the British from DR waters in less than 24 hours...

JJ

boknows

Oct 15, 2012
I think the Haitians are great for the DR. What would the almighty Dominicans do with out them. They bring a great cultural vibe to the city of Santo Domingo and help everyone become a little more culturally diverse. Their "Clarin" if that's how you spell it, will get any party going, and enhances domino playing skills.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
The BRITISH?

Darn it, why couldn't the US invade? That way, I could go on "fact finding" missions on Uncle Sam's dime....

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I think the Haitians are great for the DR. What would the almighty Dominicans do with out them. They bring a great cultural vibe to the city of Santo Domingo and help everyone become a little more culturally diverse. Their "Clarin" if that's how you spell it, will get any party going, and enhances domino playing skills.

One of our Dominican "neighbors" makes and sells "Clarin", pretty big bottle for 60 pesos. The locals love it. :confused:

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
One of our Dominican "neighbors" makes and sells "Clarin", pretty big bottle for 60 pesos. The locals love it. :confused:

I love the peanut candy the Haitian kids sells on the trafic lights of DR.:dead: