Banana peels for mosquito bites

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
My sister has been down now for about 6 weeks and is just reaching the point where the mosquitos do not attack her. She did at first accuse me of inviting me down to feed them as I would cavalierly say, somewhat unsympatheically, "they do not bite me" (which they actually rarely do)

anyway.. aside from the worries about dengue...

she has found the banana peels... a treatment that she found somewhere on the internet.. actually takes the swelling and itching away. She keeps pieces in the fridge in a sealed box and just rubs them on,

Of course, it may be that the combo aroma of banana peel and deet now account for the lack of mosquito love.

I waited for several weeks to post this to make sure that it worked.

it does.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
Meat tenderizer mixed with a little water, rubbed on bites (such as hornet bites) takes the sting away.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I find that the first month back is always the worst for mosquito bites. I cant stop scratching...especially the legs. Damn those ankle biters. After that it seems they just don't like the taste. I will have to try the banana peels

grumpy

Sep 22, 2013
Vitamin B12 works the best, in my opinion. No mosquitoes will even come near you.

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
I must have a tasty blood because I've been here for 2 years and still attrack all the mosquitoes in a 1 mile radius.... Even when I'm inside... Go figure...

Bolin

Sep 22, 2010
I find Tea Tree Oil quite effective but haven't been able to find it anywhere in Santo Domingo.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I have had malaria as a child, now my ass can walk around naked at dusk, mosquitoes don't dare come near me (nor my kids for some strange reasons). Thank God, cause I would hate to smell like a banana !
I traveled with a friend once to CR, she looks like she had chicken pox, had to go see a doctor, while my chocolate skin was glistening, felt sorry for her.

I highly recommend it :)

gas

Jul 28, 2013
Smoking banana peels is the real remedy. It may not hinder the little buggers, but it turns off that part of the brain where the itching sensation is transmitted to. True fact. But beware. I hear Lou Reed od'd from smoking it excessively.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I have had malaria as a child, now my ass can walk around naked at dusk, mosquitoes don't dare come near me (nor my kids for some strange reasons). Thank God, cause I would hate to smell like a banana !
I traveled with a friend once to CR, she looks like she had chicken pox, had to go see a doctor, while my chocolate skin was glistening, felt sorry for her.

I highly recommend it :)[/QUOT
Where might one see this sight....the naked chocolate skin ass.....or at least a picture

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012

I highly recommend it :)[/QUOT
Where might one see this sight....the naked chocolate skin ass.....or at least a picture

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
don't know about smoking the banana peels... friends of mine tried that a long time ago when they had no money for marihuana. They said they did not get high, but they sure were sick for a number of hours.

BelgianK

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Both bananas and papayas have papain, which breaks down allergen proteins. Can also be used for some spider bites along with store bought meat tenderizer.

Papain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

thanks! this may be why the Lucas pawpaw cream was never available in the US Lucas Papaw Friends who had a health food store told me it was banned in the Us.. but everyone in Oz uses it for everything.. along with teatree oil.. Wish I had it now..!