Holiday 2013 curfew???

Dandman

May 17, 2004
I have heard that the government is considering not lifting the normal closing hours during the holiday season. Any chance that is true? I am not coming for two weeks to have leave the bars at midnight closing hours. I still have time to change my plans and visit elsewhere. HELP!!!

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Just go out earlier and turn your watch back a few hours, hey presto, you're ****ed up and closing time is now 4am. I see no difference, you're on vacation no?

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Do they ever change the curfew if people are working the next day?

I expect if you are going to the likes of Sosua you will get lock ins if this is the case. But in all my time (all be it 5 or 6 years previous) I can't remember ever there being a lift of curfew past a national holiday. I doubt they have ever lifted it a week before and after for the likes of vacationers. But I may be wrong. Where you going might be a starter point, I'll bet a pony on Sosua?

Dandman

May 17, 2004
I have spent the last several years in Santo Domingo for the holidays since before the closing hours were imposed. I believe by Leonel in his first administration. [not sure about that] . There is always about a 3 week time period where the closing hours are waived and bars and bodegas can remain open as late as they wish. It is not about getting ****ed up but rather spending a late night enjoying the city, the culture and friends. Instead of snarky remarks, if you don't know then don't respond. I am still hoping someone who knows will respond. Costa Rica is a nice place for New Year's celebration.