Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default dustless drywall sander in santiago

hi, anyone have an idea where i can get a dust free sander for sheetrocks in santiago? or perhaps en the capital?? can be used too!!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes D, that be it...He can also try the Americano store in SD by Ikea, they have quite a bit up to date tools there, good store, but a bit pricey..

Ant

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Its called a damp spounge.

drescape24

4. Likes CaptnGlenn liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wondering as well, why a sander? I have always just used a sponge on any joints and patches to cover the screws...I would suggest not to use so much Spankle if you're needing a sander. Can you elaborate more, just curious.

Thanks

Ant

Quote Originally Posted by PropertyServiceTeam View Post
    hi, anyone have an idea where i can get a dust free sander for sheetrocks in santiago? or perhaps en the capital?? can be used too!!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

its have to be a drywall sander they especially made for this kind of work, smooth finish and joints. this makes a lot of dust. ferr americana, ochoa santiago, all this shops i had visit over years for other tools, materials. Has to be a special shop for drywall contractors or something similar. Derfish, thanks, sounds great, yes the option to connect with vacuum cleaner!!! Will try to visit la pulga and so, but these things are very special. Maybe a have to think off amazon or ebay? Never have done it before on this way.

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest Omniequipo, a small place that deals in all sorts of used equipment. It is located on a little side street off of 27 de febrero across from the Hospital Cabral y Baez. This is the first street past the light at Sabana Larga (Banco Santa Cruz) There is a Veterinarian place on the corner. Turn right and keep to the right. It is a tiny place but they have tons of equipment there. Worth a look. The street is called Emilio Ginebra. The shop is on the righthand side about 50 yards from the corner. Always machines outside on the sidewalk.

And then there is Bellon out on the road to Moca: The closest thing here to a Home Depot..

Good luck

HB
    Moderator DR1.com

8. Likes arrugala liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

btw... if the joint compound is mixed right, and applied properly, VERY LITTLE sanding is needed. a little, yea.. but not much.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes if u have watched pros do drywall taping they hardly need to sand because they of course have great experience , ... However most people apply too much and dont HAVE THE drywall boards flush to each other ..... As a side note lol i have a Hopper for stucco use aircompressor type ...also used for knockdown walls and walls if a human can make use of it used once for doing an ocean side apartment ! Locate just outside Sosua PM IF interested! ( it handheldand air sprayer for drywall use and concrete walls )

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I still don't get it...Do they not sell Spackle here? also called Dap.. Its premixed, you don't need a lot to cover the seams or screw holes, use a wet sponge to smooth, no dust no fuss..I did my Den and 2 fulls baths in my wantagh NY house with spackle and sponge, what a finish! Can't see sanding...You will need some work clothes from Dickies.. definitely a mask, hat just trying to stay clean..Forget about..

https://www.google.com/search?q=spac...s%3AIE-Address

Man. if they don't sell Spackle here I'm going into business!!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnGlenn View Post
    btw... if the joint compound is mixed right, and applied properly, VERY LITTLE sanding is needed. a little, yea.. but not much.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

HB, thanks, i check tomorrow this place, but sounds familiar for me, i know one inbetween Plaza Lama and Sirena/Ochoa. Will see its the same shop!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast