dustless drywall sander in santiago

PropertyServiceTeam

Apr 17, 2013
hi, anyone have an idea where i can get a dust free sander for sheetrocks in santiago? or perhaps en the capital?? can be used too!!

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Yes D, that be it...He can also try the Americano store in SD by Ikea, they have quite a bit up to date tools there, good store, but a bit pricey..

Ant

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Just wondering as well, why a sander? I have always just used a sponge on any joints and patches to cover the screws...I would suggest not to use so much Spankle if you're needing a sander. Can you elaborate more, just curious.

Thanks

Ant

hi, anyone have an idea where i can get a dust free sander for sheetrocks in santiago? or perhaps en the capital?? can be used too!!

PropertyServiceTeam

Apr 17, 2013
its have to be a drywall sander they especially made for this kind of work, smooth finish and joints. this makes a lot of dust. ferr americana, ochoa santiago, all this shops i had visit over years for other tools, materials. Has to be a special shop for drywall contractors or something similar. Derfish, thanks, sounds great, yes the option to connect with vacuum cleaner!!! Will try to visit la pulga and so, but these things are very special. Maybe a have to think off amazon or ebay? Never have done it before on this way.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I would suggest Omniequipo, a small place that deals in all sorts of used equipment. It is located on a little side street off of 27 de febrero across from the Hospital Cabral y Baez. This is the first street past the light at Sabana Larga (Banco Santa Cruz) There is a Veterinarian place on the corner. Turn right and keep to the right. It is a tiny place but they have tons of equipment there. Worth a look. The street is called Emilio Ginebra. The shop is on the righthand side about 50 yards from the corner. Always machines outside on the sidewalk.

And then there is Bellon out on the road to Moca: The closest thing here to a Home Depot..

Good luck

HB

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
btw... if the joint compound is mixed right, and applied properly, VERY LITTLE sanding is needed. a little, yea.. but not much.

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Yes if u have watched pros do drywall taping they hardly need to sand because they of course have great experience , ... However most people apply too much and dont HAVE THE drywall boards flush to each other ..... As a side note lol i have a Hopper for stucco use aircompressor type ...also used for knockdown walls and walls if a human can make use of it used once for doing an ocean side apartment ! Locate just outside Sosua PM IF interested! ( it handheldand air sprayer for drywall use and concrete walls )

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
I still don't get it...Do they not sell Spackle here? also called Dap.. Its premixed, you don't need a lot to cover the seams or screw holes, use a wet sponge to smooth, no dust no fuss..I did my Den and 2 fulls baths in my wantagh NY house with spackle and sponge, what a finish! Can't see sanding...You will need some work clothes from Dickies.. ;) definitely a mask, hat just trying to stay clean..Forget about..

https://www.google.com/search?q=spa...kle+images&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address

Man. if they don't sell Spackle here I'm going into business!!

btw... if the joint compound is mixed right, and applied properly, VERY LITTLE sanding is needed. a little, yea.. but not much.

PropertyServiceTeam

Apr 17, 2013
HB, thanks, i check tomorrow this place, but sounds familiar for me, i know one inbetween Plaza Lama and Sirena/Ochoa. Will see its the same shop!!

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
2db5d9l.jpg
. This is what hopper looks like in previous post except grey

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
PS...Better buy an exhaust fan while you're at it and a cleaning crew if the rest of the area is finished...Hell, I get annoyed just from my daily cleaning of my apartment, so much dust from the streets being they don't clean them..Never have I seen a place get so dirty so fast and you want to use a sander..Think wise my friend, plus a sponge will be 100X faster..Buy a big sponge for like washing a car, and a few smaller ones..However, check around the tile area section at any home improvement store, should find nice size sponges there as well use to clean off grout..

Where are you doing this? If in POP, come get me, I will help you if you have Spackle and sponges..

PropertyServiceTeam

Apr 17, 2013
spackle its easy to buy here, procontratista have it, in santiago in la avenida vidal, close to bellon and santo domingo av. colombia, the are well sorted, plycem, densglass, all what you need, just this ,,,,, sander i cant find here and i hat the dust and the jobsite cleaning afterwards!!

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Okay, good luck PST

spackle its easy to buy here, procontratista have it, in santiago in la avenida vidal, close to bellon and santo domingo av. colombia, the are well sorted, plycem, densglass, all what you need, just this ,,,,, sander i cant find here and i hat the dust and the jobsite cleaning afterwards!!