Thirteen murders in one night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Thirteen murders in one night

The Police report that at least 13 people were murdered across the country during Sunday night and early Monday morning, 27 and 28 October. Most were killed in the Greater Santo Domingo area and the victims included an Air Force (FAD) captain and a private from the National Police.

Air Force Captain Roberto Rosario Heredia died after being shot three times by an unknown assailant in his girlfriend's house in Santo Domingo East during a robbery and the Police private, 24-year old Maike Manuel Billar, was shot four times in the chest whilst riding his motorcycle in the National District.

In Herrera three suspected criminals stabbed Spanish resident Esteban Adames Paulino to death. He was in the country to take his children to the Spanish embassy to obtain visas. He was killed by members of a youth gang called Los Trinitarios.

In La Victoria, Edwin Rosado, was killed and his headless body was discovered with hands and feet tied. The Police think it is a drug-related crime.

Also in Santo Domingo East, Pedro Martinez, aged 20 was killed, supposedly in a fight over drug territory.

In Cristo Rey in the capital, 28-year old Francis Joel Guzman was shot to death in a bar and at the same time a minor, who should not have been there, was injured.

In Mendoza, Valentina Duran Rosario, 33, was stabbed to death by another woman who fled the scene and in Higuey Eulogio Rijo Santana, 73, was murdered in his home by persons as yet unknown. Chief of the Police Manuel Castro Castillo told Diario Libre that the crime levels are at 16.6% of violent deaths to 100,000, which he said is the lowest since 2003.

Matan a 13 personas en menos de 24 horas - listindiario.com

Matan capit?n de la Fuerza A?rea y raso de la Polic?a - DiarioLibre.com

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
one of the comments from diario libre:
As? es que est? la cosa. Y despu?s, pal Resort de Najayo o la C?rcel de La Victoria. A comer gratis y a jugar domin?.

sad but true.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Here it is merry Xmas, everyone is collecting and on the rob for the festive season (this includes police and military). Remember you are 6 times more likely to be robbed/mugged/burglarised between 20-26th of December than any other time of the year!

curlando

Bronze
Jul 23, 2003
I guess that law requiring establishments that sold alcohol after midnight to close didn’t work.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
Is this number high? It doesn't seem overly shocking to me to be honest, I am quite sure there are plenty others that were not reported, 13 might be what I'd expect an average night or weekend night around this city. Really, it is very easy to find trouble in the city, not involvement but out and about late weekends you will ALWAYS come across drama, and most of these guys don't need alcohol to get heated.

I was filling the bass bottle for the kitchen last week and a fight broke out because moots were being filled before cars. Guy went to his car and came back with a revolver. This is in a pro'gas station, he nuts!

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
Guys, look from another point of view. All murders were in the ghettos. Only one foreigner, Spanish resident, died, and he was killed in Herrera. What the hell he was doing in Herrera, or why he lived there? Who are the rest of the victims? Drug related crimes, ok... police private shot, air force captain, they are all corrupted criminals... a person who was in a bar in Cristo Rey, I have no idea who he is, but I think normal people are sitting in bars in Zona Colonial or Piantini, not in Cristo Rey.

So for me this article looks like 1 murder, not 13. Others look more like rats in the basement of a building killed each other. And that Spanish guy was in a wrong place, Herrera.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I guess that law requiring establishments that sold alcohol after midnight to close didn’t work.

It worked for the police who now have another way to extort money from businesses. We all know the real issue is drug micro-trafficking, but nobody's doing much about that. As a matter of fact the law to not serve alcohol probably contributes somewhat to drug sales. What's a person who wants a buzz but can't find any place open to get a drink to do? The local drug pusher doesn't close shop at midnight or 2 AM on the weekend.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
hernandez, u espeak espany, no? the murdered dude "resided" in spain and was dominicano, not spanish. he came to DR to arrange for visas for his kids. no visas now, eh?

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
hernandez, u espeak espany, no? the murdered dude "resided" in spain and was dominicano, not spanish. he came to DR to arrange for visas for his kids. no visas now, eh?

You would assume with a name like "Hernandez" :))

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
Guys, look from another point of view. All murders were in the ghettos. Only one foreigner, Spanish resident, died, and he was killed in Herrera. What the hell he was doing in Herrera, or why he lived there? Who are the rest of the victims? Drug related crimes, ok... police private shot, air force captain, they are all corrupted criminals... a person who was in a bar in Cristo Rey, I have no idea who he is, but I think normal people are sitting in bars in Zona Colonial or Piantini, not in Cristo Rey.

So for me this article looks like 1 murder, not 13. Others look more like rats in the basement of a building killed each other. And that Spanish guy was in a wrong place, Herrera.

Why do you keep telling us all of this nonsense about Dominicans??? 99% of the people on this board are not Dominican, but yet you keep telling us stuff you should tell them.

I give you credit Hernandez you are not CRAZY!!!, because if you talk to Dominicans the way you talk to us you would have been number 14, and you know that.

Go to some of those barrios you hate so much and tell them how much you dislike them and their way of life and watch how they respond.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Why do you keep telling us all of this nonsense about Dominicans??? 99% of the people on this board are not Dominican, but yet you keep telling us stuff you should tell them.

I give you credit Hernandez you are not CRAZY!!!, because if you talk to Dominicans the way you talk to us you would have been number 14, and you know that.

Go to some of those barrios you hate so much and tell them how much you dislike them and their way of life and watch how they respond.

OMG, get the smelling salts. I agree with something JMB has posted :laugh:

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
Ok, so his children lived in Herrera... and he was killed by members of a youth gang. Honestly, I don't know any youth gangs killing people in their apartments in Piantini, Naco or even Zona Universitaria in Santo Domingo. So what do you expect if you live in the ghetto, or if you visit somebody in the ghetto? For me, this article says "Don't live in the ghetto in DR, they kill 13 people at night there". That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.