REAL Car Wash?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Hi,

I know I know... Nobody will believe me ;)

Is there a real Car Wash which uses good products in PC / Bavaro you would recommend?

Thanks
Michael

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I think any of the local car washes are excellent.... hand washes in the US/Canada are really hard to find

Sure, I have car wash stuff at home here and most times have it done here..... but go to any car wash, have a beer and have it washed - what 300/350 pesos.? + the beer

Don't forget to remove your shoes in that new baby ....:rambo:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Just be VERY SURE to know the final price, BEFORE you say, "SI"!
They like to do "Add Ons" without your permission, then try to intimidate you into paying.
They also have a vested interest in taking as long as is "Dominicanly Possible" so you spend more money in the Bar!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Here in Santo Domingo I always go to a place that is a hybrid between a car wash and a "drink". Good-looking-bad-behavior girls wait on tables while your car is being washed. Some scotchs later, I can't really tell how well washed the car is. It looks good the next morning, so I guess they do a good job (the washers and the girls).

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
yup... just like the phony waits at restaurants -

"please wait at the bar. we'll call you when your table is ready"

Bee-Ess

Joe Stone Crabs in MIA is famous for this -- until you live there.
Never waited a second in my life there... pigeons are the tourists..... residents walk straight to the table

WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Sure is..Buy 1 bucket, sponge, wax, cloth, tire shine, and get down! Its a Country of Sunshine, no car wash needed, save your paint too, never wash or wax in the sun, best time is early AM or after 6PM, much better job to boot....If I could post a photo of my 2 Mustangs I had, you would see what I mean, and they were not new..

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Sure is..Buy 1 bucket, sponge, wax, cloth, tire shine, and get down! Its a Country of Sunshine, no car wash needed, save your paint too, never wash or wax in the sun, best time is early AM or after 6PM, much better job to boot....If I could post a photo of my 2 Mustangs I had, you would see what I mean, and they were not new..

The last time I did any work that required physical effort, I didn't live in DR...

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
There is actually a machne based Car Wash in Bavaro that is very good. It is on the street between the Texaco and Bavaro Plaza on your left heading towards BP.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I usually go to RAM by Pueblo Bavaro. Not high-tech but the guys work hard and to date I haven't had any bad experiences there. 150 pesos for my Picanto + tip.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Cool, RAM is right around the corner for me. My son and "RAM" son are in the same class in school, lol. That's why I heard RAM before. Didn't know they wash cars though... Thanks! :)

I usually go to RAM by Pueblo Bavaro. Not high-tech but the guys work hard and to date I haven't had any bad experiences there. 150 pesos for my Picanto + tip.

Smart

Bronze
Jun 16, 2012
I go to the car wash on auto piste San Isidro, the girls are dog ugly but the beer is cheap, pool table is warped and so is the owners head, but they clean my car alright. Reason I stay loyal to there is they once took all the loose change that had fallen out of pockets and left it in the ashtray, about 500 pesos. The place I usd before stole my trunk wheel, seriously, I had a situation with police n alsorts getting my wheel back, lol.
Crazy, it's a 15-20 minutes drive, I live next to Sambil, but good honest service is really priceless in this scum bucket of a country.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I was asking for the East Coast, not for SDQ...

QUOTE=Smart;1340853]I go to the car wash on auto piste San Isidro, the girls are dog ugly but the beer is cheap, pool table is warped and so is the owners head, but they clean my car alright. Reason I stay loyal to there is they once took all the loose change that had fallen out of pockets and left it in the ashtray, about 500 pesos. The place I usd before stole my trunk wheel, seriously, I had a situation with police n alsorts getting my wheel back, lol.
Crazy, it's a 15-20 minutes drive, I live next to Sambil, but good honest service is really priceless in this scum bucket of a country.[/QUOTE]

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You mean, you CAN get a car washed at a "Car Wash"???
"Sweet"!
"Who Knew"????
Next thing you know will be trying to tell me that, "You can get a massage, at a "Massage Parlor"!!!!
You people actually go to a "Car Wash", to get a "Car Wash"?????
You can just go straight to the BAR!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I don't suppose the "All female - Wet T-Shirt" type car wash would have the same impact as it did in Toronto ??

Business idea for some enterprising young person

Google that Toronto thing -- shut down but traffic issues, drunks..... all the especial clientes
and a big $$$ success

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I never wash here... I let the wife get it done.....usually about 150 pesos and it looks good.... I told her it is her responsibility since she put all the scratchs on it

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Mike,
RAM is around your corner, they are doing a good job.
the best for carwashing i found over many many years, is La Recta Carwash up in Veron(not the one at the crossing, drive thru Veron in the direction towards La Otra Banda, after you passed the 2 speedbumps at the big Fruit Stand(the best place to buy fruits, btw, so you can combine the ride) its on your left hand side, big signs "La Recta".
i wash the cars there since years, and i do most oilchanges there, they use the quality filters and have always my prefered quality oils available.
a Jeepetas and Pick Ups cost just 250.- pesos, of course their bar always has cold beers, lol.
when new at such place, make them from the beginning clear you want crystal clear cleaned windows all around, if they bring you yoiur car, you check the windows, and if not perfectly done you send them back to clean them again. you do that once and come back a week or two later, always grab the same washer again, and be assured from there on your windows and all the rest of the car will be like brand new.
or befriend the manager Alex. since years i drive in there and park my car right in front of the door where he stores the oils and filters etc, say hello, have a chat, ask about the children and He brings my car over to the washer, be assured it will come back as clean as they would have washed his own car.
as you live nearby several carwashes, pick one that suits you and use always the same one, every time again a lil tip to the guy who washed your car, always the same guy, guarantees you lifetime service at your new place.

have fun

Mike

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
What I wonder is why there ain't no words in Spanish to signify car wash? I am aware of a dozen of them and all say it in English. Is it that anyone who has a car to be washed speaks and reads English?
Der Fish

very most who have a car in this country do not speak english, it is a domicanized term that a car wash is named a car wash. btw, there is a spanish term, it is named a Lavadero. the same as the shops who sell parts for cars etc are usually named Auto Parts, it's names/phrases which enter a anguage over decades when a country is mixing with other language speakers etc.

Mike