Banking in Cabrera

gibbs

May 31, 2005
Spending the month in Cabrera and want to know best way to use ATM w/o additional fees. Doesnt seem to be a Scotia bank nearby. Origin USA

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Going east, Nagua has a Scotiabank, and Rio San Juan has plenty of banks there, but no Scotia, going west you would need to go to Cabarete.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Or, depending what you need per day/Month, you can withdraw your monies by going into the Bank, ask them to take whatever you need with a very small fee..I may do this again since using the ATMS here is about 6 bucks US for each transaction..Also, I don't think scotia here is affiliated with the US..Call your Bank to check otherwise your going to pay a lot of fee's...6 bucks is no joke, adds up quickly..Overall, there has been this topic quite a few times here, do a search, window is above the banner on top..

Good Luck

ANthony

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Check cashers are in Cabrera for US checks.... one right across from Progreso Bank

Nagua is about 25 minutes - easy drive.

You'll find yourself going to Sos/Cab a few times - better grocery stores

Last edited:

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Also, I don't think scotia here is affiliated with the US..Call your Bank to check otherwise your going to pay a lot of fee's...6 bucks is no joke, adds up quickly..

Scotia here is definitely "affiliated" with the US - and Canada. This has been discussed ad nausuem. No ATM fees for Canada Scotiabank accounts and US Bank of America accounts.