Sailing in Juan Dolio

D

Damon

We are coming to Juan Dolio (Decameron Hotel) and will spend most days diving, but would like to know what other activities are available in the area, particularly any small sailboats like Hobie Cats, horseback riding, etc.

Also, what is the going rate - give or take some gouging - for trips to/from Santo Domingo? Is it much worse leaving S.D. where they get a shot at all the tourists passing through on their way to destination resorts?

M

mrbean

We were just at another Barcelo resort in Juan Dolio, and one of our friends took out a Hobie Cat for an hour or so. It cost about 450 pesos (I think)-- not part of the "all inclusive". It had room for 2 "guests" plus the requisite "captian". I think they had a good time...

Re: trips to Santo Domingo, often the resort will organize these for you, I don't know what the cost is. There are cheap buses that come and go, but I don't know what the cost/organization is. Friends of ours who go by bus/carro publico say it is a pain, even if your spanish is good. There are taxi fares posted in the resorts, as well.

Have fun!