Congratulations

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
I think plaudits are in order for our fabulous Sosua Mayor and I hope you will all join with me in my appreciation.

In the short term in office this administration has successfully put hundreds of people out of work, effectively stifled real investment and destroyed a fair part of tourism to the town.
This , of course, opens up new horizons for our forces of order to combat the consequent rise in crime as 'Pampers and Leche' become scarcer and the foaming brew to calm the madding crowd becomes out of reach.

I can personally count 9 bar/restaurants on one street that are presently closed, together with the energy-generating Passions and CMP;

- may Jaweh rejoice at this casting out of Demons!!

The splendid,gleaming transparency of the fine glass walls along PC blind the eyes with their majesty and protect out vulnerable from the sins inside,

A strange one-way system coupled with attractive and incoherent road markings and the effective destruction of age-old trees along the Casa Marina sidewalk all help to enhance the achievements.
New and strange holes in the road, beautified by your image, keep us entertained and on our tipsy toes..

Our wondrous and socially adept public transport system, all races, creeds and tribes all ensconced on a fine Chinese motorcycle at the same time, heedless as to prevailing highway codes or common sense with no muffler driven by a coke-head maniac in a pure cloud of cleansing smoke. Such freedom!! Only 50 Pesos as well...
The perfect liberty of being able to stop one's three-wheeled antique pick-up or Papi Chulo's Cayenne in the middle of the street to chat to a favourite AMET friend riding the opposite way down a one-way. This is freedom!!

One can only admire the fall in property values (OK, naysayers, just try selling today...) and the opportunities for speculators this opens up together with the on-going construction of the public hospital.

Pray tell us what is next on your pallette of "IMPROVEMENTS".

Bravo Madam, Bravo!
May your coffers overfloweth.....

OK Rant over but I'm seriously P

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
The Mayor is not responsible for the closure of any bars in Sosua. That was a nation wide operation. There were more than 2OO bars in Santo Domingo closed this year. BUT, she did nothing to stand up for these bar owners either. She is a "yes sir" type of person.

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Maybe she reads this and changes her ways................I doubt it but anyone can dream

curlando

Bronze
Jul 23, 2003
The Mayor’s objective is to change Sosua. If the bars close the current patronage will not travel to Sosua.
Personally, I hope she never reach her objective.

DonDR

Jul 14, 2010
The present Mayor before she came to Sosua was a speaker in Parliament in SD. She was positioned to Sosua by Leonel F. Her win in the elections was organized by Leonel F. (as you remember he came himself to Sosua before the elections and promissed the hospital if she wins). She is following the directions given to her by Leonel F. to close the tourist flow in the North and forward it to Punta Cana - Bavaro region.

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
I think plaudits are in order for our fabulous Sosua Mayor and I hope you will all join with me in my appreciation.

One can only admire the fall in property values (OK, naysayers, just try selling today...) and the opportunities for speculators this opens up together with the on-going construction of the public hospital.

Pray tell us what is next on your pallette of "IMPROVEMENTS".

Bravo Madam, Bravo!
May your coffers overfloweth.....

OK Rant over but I'm seriously P

So according to your rant, if the Mayor had not sided with the NC Tourism plan, property values would be going up?
Is that seriously what you're implying?

Why not rant about NC residents having no real job opportunities?

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
The present Mayor before she came to Sosua was a speaker in Parliament in SD. She was positioned to Sosua by Leonel F. Her win in the elections was organized by Leonel F. (as you remember he came himself to Sosua before the elections and promissed the hospital if she wins). She is following the directions given to her by Leonel F. to close the tourist flow in the North and forward it to Punta Cana - Bavaro region.

I thought she was in the the PRD not Leonel's party? She has a 6 year term!

Uzin

Bronze
Oct 26, 2005
Don't worry, all those photos at every corner you turn in Sosua right now will bring all the tourists, investments and jobs you can ever dream of....

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
The Mayor is not responsible for the closure of any bars in Sosua. That was a nation wide operation. There were more than 2OO bars in Santo Domingo closed this year. BUT, she did nothing to stand up for these bar owners either. She is a "yes sir" type of person.

HAHAHAHA you are so uninformed your posts are a total nonsense! Why don't you first find out what is going on in Sosua then write about it please.

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004

LOL! You have no idea what you are talking about! She is PRD and Leonel was supporting his PLD candidate Vladimir.

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
HAHAHAHA you are so uninformed your posts are a total nonsense! Why don't you first find out what is going on in Sosua then write about it please.

Do you even live here? or are you living here virtually from your mother's basement? Start by reading facts from Santo Domingo newspapers and not what is posted on DR1 and then you'll see what the government is trying to do Nation wide. It's also happening in Cabarete, which is not Sosua.

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
Do you even live here? or are you living here virtually from your mother's basement? Start by reading facts from Santo Domingo newspapers and not what is posted on DR1 and then you'll see what the government is trying to do Nation wide. It's also happening in Cabarete, which is not Sosua.

Yes, coming to DR since '04 living in DR since '07. The bars being closed in SD is because of menores and the law which prohibits loud music (the true reason is extortion), the bars being closed/altered in Sosua is on Iliana's orders because she wants to make Sosua more family friendly! You say "she did nothing to stand up for these bar owners either." She did nothing to stand up for these bars owners because SHE is the one closing them down. LOL!

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com

What exactly is happening in Cabarete?

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
What can I say. A simple drainage system that was started and is now overgrown with shrubs and trees. The road that was never paved is washing away all that work. Try putting a man-hole-cover in the street... IT'S ONLY BEEN 5 YEARS for one and more are missing. Major water line breaks have created major swamps that add to the drainage problems and Dengue; and the major drainage ditch was never been touched and is another problem.

Dominicans can not and will not finish a project. Make it pretty "right here" and forget the real problem.

I DO admit that she is a lot better then the last idiot. But really..... complete a task and do it so it works.