Mechanic in Puerto Plata

artistdani

Mar 13, 2012
Can anyone please recommend a good mechanic in Puerto Plata so that I know where to go when I need one? The car is A Hyundai Tucson. I know a good mechanic is worth its weight in pesos!
Thanks!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we use camps automecanica. owned by some sort of a cousin (they are all primos, always). george ali camps.
calle la marina, behind comandancia de puerto (marina de guerra). 809 291 5813. cell phone 809 865 3501.
this is very close to the port and ayutamiento of POP. not the cheapest, i will not lie. but trustworthy.

you decided on that tucson? or just to check it?

Man?el

Jul 22, 2012
Torfilco by la sirena, up the hill behind the store, had great experience fixing a.c.and replacing front suspensions parts.

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
Looked for his card info but can't find it. George, located behind the Navy Station close to the port. He has never been wrong about any car problems I've had. His works is fantastis, never had a problem, 7 years. Fair pric, speaks some English.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
we use camps automecanica. owned by some sort of a cousin (they are all primos, always). george ali camps.
calle la marina, behind comandancia de puerto (marina de guerra). 809 291 5813. cell phone 809 865 3501.
this is very close to the port and ayutamiento of POP. not the cheapest, i will not lie. but trustworthy.

I realize this thread is 5 years old, but as I've passed this place a few times, just thought to confirm if it's still something people would recommend, and from where do you exactly enter there?

Do they have lifts to work on the undercarriage as well? Also noted that there are phone numbers posted above, so I'm sure they could answer me at least the lift question, but confirming "customer's opinions" as well...

Thanks!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
they have lifts or whatever those car rising thingies are called.

the entry is behind defensa civil building, by the marina de guerra office. short dirt street. garage is in the back.

if you are looking for specific fix let posters know. while camps is overall good there may be better places that specialize in one type of particular issue: breaks, air con and so on.