Stolen Iphone ?

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
There is a guy trying to sell me an iphone 5s in santo domingo. New in the box for only 550 dolars. Its fishy to me. Its new in the box so its never been used.

Will I get in any trouble if it ends up stolen from a truck or shipment or whatever. Is there a way to check if its stolen before I concider buying it ?

Advice ? :) except "if you doubt dont buy it"

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
I think if it's not unlocked you won't be able to use it anyway. I'm not 100% sure. Unfortunately you have asked not to receive the best advice IMHO :ermm:

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
Yes cuz i understand if you find it fishy dont buy it :) if i didnt said that i would have 100 replies of saying not to buy it.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
You can buy them brand new on eBay for this price with a verified seller.
Good chance you may be buying a Chinese knockoff, did you just fall off the turnip truck?

gas

Jul 28, 2013
An unlocked 5s 16gb goes for about $869 in the US. I wouldn't buy it with no warranty or support. And yes, it can be locked if it's stolen. Besides, it's bad karma to buy stolen stuff fallen off a guagua.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
There is a guy trying to sell me an iphone 5s in santo domingo. New in the box for only 550 dolars. Its fishy to me. Its new in the box so its never been used.

Will I get in any trouble if it ends up stolen from a truck or shipment or whatever. Is there a way to check if its stolen before I concider buying it ?

Why are you asking this question? If it's too good to be true then it isn't.

It's not a matte of IF YOU WILL GET INTO TROUBLE... it's a matter of the right thing to do. And to consider the other person that they robbed and/or harmed to get it to sell to you.

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013

give me his number and i buy it myself!

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
I know of a good guy that got robbed at his home in dr and they also took his pickup . they beat him up but he survived and found his truck and phone Three days later by his phone gps ! , in moca area , from Sabineta where je was living . So today dealing in buying off the street you dont know what you may be getting yourself into .... Such a deal can have quite a recoil sometimes ! ... Gun smoke !

I doubt buying a phone in the box never used you would get in trouble but do you want to be the person who saves only a few bucks for stolen property?
Maybe when i was 16 I would have bought hot goods but now? NO WAY!

Also who knows what is wrong with it! No Warranty...blah blah blah!
You can always unlock a phone some way if you really want it though.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I'm proud of you Harleysrock.... you are from old school Harleys where just about anything goes. :) But respect was/is always a must.

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
If you don't want to pony up to buy a real one, why ask.
Sounds Fishy here.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
My brother is with AT&T in the US. He gets phone upgrades and he used his upgrade to bring my son a i-phone, brand new and in the box. The only thing my son had to do was get it unlocked which he did. As for my brother all it meant was he signed on for another 2 years. My brother kept the phone he had. AT&T did not activate the i-phone nor was my brother charged anything for it other than the usual taxes. This has happened twice. Now my son wants a HTC (?). So it is possible someone could have a i-phone brand new and in the box.