will the polish priest be extradeted to dr??

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I dont know anything more about the case than what the bbc and dr1 have said.
Just curious if he will be sent back to dr to be judged.. ( as the saying goes better tried by 12 than carried by 6--or not, in the dr).

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
there is no extradition deal between DR and poland and polish constitution forbids extraditing polish citizens to a foreign country.

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
Even if there was an extradition arrangement between the two countries, I doubt that he would've been extradited here. I base my decision on the fact that Interpol had received evidence and official documentation on this rabid animal and they visited his place of abode to inquire if he was home.

Interpol..."Father Gil, are you home?"

Father Gil..."Yes, I am!"

Interpol..."Well, we have in our possession damning evidence against you but we will be on our merry way"

Father Gil..."Ok, don't forget to lock my mother's gate on your way out"

Interpol..."Have a nice day!"

Father Gil..."You too!"

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
interpol did not receive any evidence.

I read numerous papers where the Attorney General Brito, stated emphatically that his office had presented all documentation against Father Gil to Interpol. The international police went to his mother's residence, where they found him, however they gave a convoluted reason why he wasn't arrested. I've never heard of Interpol verifying ones address. When you're located, normally an arrest is made. :)

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I had read a report here that said that both of the priests accused would be tried in Europe.. Certainly doubt that Poland is going to extradit him. And the Cardinal is supposedly to be tried at the Vatican. So I doublt we will hear anything about it if it ever takes place.

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
delite, i read about request, not about presenting evidence.

dv8,

The article you posted states clearly that the documentation was provided to both Chief of Police and his counterpart (Interpol) in the country. You can't request by word of mouth to these organizations.

delite

Bronze
Oct 17, 2006
The request for arrest has to be accompanied by supporting evidence. Those documentation are even numbered in the post you provided.