Does Anyone Use an IPhone in DR

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
In Canada when you have a phone plan - you can I-Message and Facetime, I-Phone to I-Phone for free. Kind of like BBM. The only thing that I am confused about is if I put a plan on my I-Phone in DR what do I need?

Are I-Messages and Facetime chats using data or internet? or are they one and the same there?

Can someone please shed some light on phone plans there for I-Phone, costs and best providers.

I want to be able to Facetime and I-Message to home. If it runs through internet and you use an IPhone, how much time do you spend on I-Message and Facetime and how many gigs did it consume?

Help please!!!

drSix

Silver
Oct 13, 2013
My wife brought her iPhone from the US. Facetime, I-message, and anything other then calling and texting will use data. That data can either be sent over the cells phone with a data plan, or your home WiFi. Data and internet are one in the same. We got a prapaid plan from Clairo, they give you a SIM card for RD$200, and will unlock it for RD$1800. We just have minutes and text, no data. When she is out of the house, she cannot use data, only call and text. When she is home, she connects to the WiFi and can use all the data she wants, we Facetime and Skype while I am way at work.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Skype video quality is way better than FaceTime video quality (it hurts to say this).