Question about La Isabella

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
Going to be spending my time in Sosua but I want to check out Isabella for a night. Unfortunately I couldn't find a single hotel online in Isabella and there was 1 in Luperon (Hotel Luperon) but it has no website to make a reservation. Does anyone know of any hotels in Isabella or Luperon other then Hotel Luperon?

Aug 6, 2006
Going to be spending my time in Sosua but I want to check out Isabella for a night. Unfortunately I couldn't find a single hotel online in Isabella and there was 1 in Luperon (Hotel Luperon) but it has no website to make a reservation. Does anyone know of any hotels in Isabella or Luperon other then Hotel Luperon?[/QUOTE]
=========================================================

I have not been there, but the Oct 2011 Rough Guide to the DR mentions Ranch del Sol at the entrance to El Castillo tel. 696-0325. There is a Belgian-owned Miramar hotelon the hill above Calle Vista Mar 471-9157.

between Luperon and the Marina is the Casa del Sol, that is German-owned and has 5 rooms above a restaurant. www.casadelsol.com, 721-4293.

Also Taxi Luperon might be useful to know 280-3164.

The info is on pp. 198-200 of this useful guidebook. Feliz viaje.

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
I don't know of any hotels in Isabella but here is a few in Luperon here is some numbers 829-339-3733---829-729-5916----809-571-1823----- 809-571-8373 These are all hotels.

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
Wow THANK YOU everyone - I really appreciate the help. There is nada on Google!!! It seems DR1 is in fact better than Google!!

botemon

Jun 28, 2008
When are you coming? I live in La Isabella and I know some other folks there and in Luperon. You can try Ranch del Sol, but really no one stays there. My wife is there.... but I am 1/2 way around the world right now otherwise I would offer up a bedroom for a few days. Maybe I can help out some. I dunno!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I have to laugh at people that say "There is nothing on the Internet about......"

Folks, the fun of living here is that you go and DO something...not depend on a machine to do it for you....

I keep remembering poor old Trainman33 (currently resident in Rafey) who always wanted to do things on line, and look where he ended up, Poor old goof!! It does not work here, yet.

HB

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
Great news to report - I found the most BEAUTIFUL vacation rental in Luperson and booked it today =) Yippie. I am soooo happy. Is anyone aware (other than beaches) of things to see in Isabela or Luperson. I am the adventure type and prefer fresh water rivers and campo more so than salty hot beaches. Any info would be great. I am sooooooo excited!!!!

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Great news to report - I found the most BEAUTIFUL vacation rental in Luperson and booked it today =) Yippie. I am soooo happy. Is anyone aware (other than beaches) of things to see in Isabela or Luperson. I am the adventure type and prefer fresh water rivers and campo more so than salty hot beaches. Any info would be great. I am sooooooo excited!!!!
You do realize Luperon is on the ocean not a river,right?

Aug 6, 2006
My observation is that the Internet and the various travel sites only list the most expensive places to stay. Most smaller hotels do not have websites and some out in the sticks do not have telephones, at least none listed.

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
If you are really adventuress when you are in Luperon go to Martin Alonzo and visit me I am really out in the sticks. It is almost like disappearing from reality.

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
It is about 5 miles from Luperon. You can Google earth 19 degrees 50 minuets 33.58 seconds North 70 degrees 58 minuets 59.42 seconds West. Just about the middle of now ware.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
News Flash: The 27 Chorros is NOT in Luperon. They will sell you a tour package to go there...

If you like fresh water and such you are in the wrong area of the country. You should go to Jarabacoa!! Lots of nice fresh water places and great food and hotels. Plenty to see in the hills, even parasailing!

Luperon/La Isabela (beyond the unkept museum) has little to see or do (except beaches)....

Methinks you need to rethink this, or plan on another trip to some other places...Moncion, San Jose de las Matas, Jarabacoa, Constanza, San Jose de Ocoa....

Far from the beaches.

Cordially,

HB

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
News Flash: The 27 Chorros is NOT in Luperon. They will sell you a tour package to go there...

If you like fresh water and such you are in the wrong area of the country. You should go to Jarabacoa!! Lots of nice fresh water places and great food and hotels. Plenty to see in the hills, even parasailing!

Luperon/La Isabela (beyond the unkept museum) has little to see or do (except beaches)....

Methinks you need to rethink this, or plan on another trip to some other places...Moncion, San Jose de las Matas, Jarabacoa, Constanza, San Jose de Ocoa....

Far from the beaches.

Cordially,

HB

Do you know how far the 27 Chorros is from Luperon?