Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

If you hire a boat in Pedernales keep in mind it's quite a distance to Bahia de las Aguilas. It will cost you quite a bit, but more importantly arranging a return trip may be very iffy - you may be stranded. I suggest just parking near the fisherman's caves at Poblado de la Cueva de los Pescadores and making arrangements with one of the fisherman there (and family) to guard your car and hire them to take you in their boat on the short trip around the cliffs to the beach. They'll probably be happy to do it for $500 pesos and a case of Presidente. Tell them what day you want to return and they'll probably show up on that day. Worst case scenario you may have to walk a few miles back to your car from the beach.

I can't speak for them personally but here's a googled hotel with tour partners in Pedernales: Hostal Doņa Chava ||| Inicio if you want to do that. Barahona is a much nicer town to stay in for a home base Hotel La Saladilla Beach Club - Barahona - Rep. Dominicana with the same tour deals. Google them.

Check out the maps on google earth to get an idea of the area. Here's where the fishermen (that live in the cave) are: https://plus.google.com/113477360459...ut?gl=us&hl=en

There are other marvelous sights in that part of the DR but it sounds like you may only have enough time to spend a few days at the beach. Beautiful coniferous forest (looks kinda like Colorado), fantastic bird watching, amazing scenery, etc.

Just so you know - at Bahia de Las Aguilas you will be ON YOUR OWN. You will only have what you bring with you - including water. Period. (except for firewood). You will probably be there alone so consider that may be dangerous if something bad happens. I suggest you do this only if you are an adventurer who can take care of themselves in difficult situations. But - it's also a chance to spend a few days in paradise.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello! I am just a new member Nice being here to interact with others about new things.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12