Netflix accessability in Cabarete?

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
I was told by Netflix in Canada, that I could Watch it in Cabarete but that the programs would be different and that there would be alot of Spanish films and programs.
Can anyone comment on the service. I want to know if it is Worth keeping my membership for this winter.

Suzanne

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
It is, but you need a proxy server that will make Netflix think you are still in your own country. I'd recommend hidemyass.com. It's relatively cheap, but worked just fine in Cabarete-Cabrera two weeks ago.

It's a bit squirrelly with Google, but Bing works fine.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I pay a few dollars ever month for unotelly.com. It gives me DNS servers to watch US, UK, Dutch or any other Netflix. On the unotelly page I can choose which country I want to watch netflix from now and it will change automatically.

You'll have to program the unotelly DNS servers in your router, computer, tablet, Apple TV or TV, but that's a one time thing and very well explained. If your router lets you change DNS servers that's the way to go.

I think I pay 3 or 4 dollars a month. (+ the netflix fee ofcourse).

Right now considering to buy Apple TV and get rid of the mediocre ClaroTV.

jeff76

Dec 30, 2012
I've tried my Netflix while in Cabarete and it works. The programming is different from Canada but it seems like there are many english movies. I have never watched anything while I'm there but scrolled thru it to see if it worked. What I have done on my laptop is installed a plug in for Google Chrome called hola.org What that does is makes it like your IP is in the USA. I do that so I can watch Netflix USA as well as Canada because both have different licensing for content. If all the shows are in spanish which I don't think they are you can always do that or the other option is change the DNS settings in your device that you are watching Netflix on. Both options are free.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Not sure if Delancer serves Cabarete. I'm in Encuentro and Delancer supply my cable and internet. Their 3 mbps service comes with a Florida IP address. Netflix works great with full US content.

I think Cable del Norte supply Cabarete. Maybe their service is the same.

Jan 17, 2009
We pay $5 a month for DNS service. You just replace the DNS number in your Wi-Fi set up. Very easy and can be cancelled any time.

As a free alternative, I also tried and it works, this free DNS service: Get started | tunlr.net

As others commented, the programming is different. Sometimes I actually prefer to watch Netflix latin america. Many shows that are available in LA are not on Netflix US; for example, Showtime episodes of Nurse Jackie are not available in Netflix US but are in Netflix LA. The only difference is you're stuck with Spanish captions, which are easy to ignore. After a while, I don't even see them.

Vibe_2020

Jul 1, 2003
I was told by Netflix in Canada, that I could Watch it in Cabarete but that the programs would be different and that there would be alot of Spanish films and programs.
Can anyone comment on the service. I want to know if it is Worth keeping my membership for this winter.

Suzanne

Netflix works on my iPad.

In truth, the movie selection is a lot better than the one I have in USA. A lot if newer movies with the option to watch in Spanish.

For my laptop, I had to disable the DVD service in order for Netflix to work overseas.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Netflix in Santo Domingo

We pay $5 a month for DNS service. You just replace the DNS number in your Wi-Fi set up. Very easy and can be cancelled any time.

As a free alternative, I also tried and it works, this free DNS service: Get started | tunlr.net

As others commented, the programming is different. Sometimes I actually prefer to watch Netflix latin america. Many shows that are available in LA are not on Netflix US; for example, Showtime episodes of Nurse Jackie are not available in Netflix US but are in Netflix LA. The only difference is you're stuck with Spanish captions, which are easy to ignore. After a while, I don't even see them.

The captions can be turned on or off. You can toggle a program to watch in English with Spanish subtitles or Spanish with English subtitles.

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
Thank you all for the info you provided...It is great to have you guys, DR1 is a great source of information

Suzanne