Car Sticker

flopsy

Jul 6, 2010
Hi, maybe someone knows, we know about the car sticker you have to have from office opposite Playero, what's this longer sticker we are all meant to have by today and is the fella selling them outside Janet's kosha. Thanks in advance

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Call me snarky but is anyone else frustrated by posters who live here and drive have not even tried to learn the Spanish names of inspection stickers and registration renewal or the dates when they are due for renewal?

Call me snarky but is anyone else frustrated by posters who live here and drive have not even tried to learn the Spanish names of inspection stickers and registration renewal or the dates when they are due for renewal?

Do you know how hard it is to learn all the new things in this Country!!! No one gives you full answers!!!
This country does things in the hardest way possible!!
It doesn't just take a month to learn a new language and a world of new customs etc!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Many people have EXTREME Difficulty learning a new language.
I forgive THEM!!!!!!!!
Some just don't give a "$HIT", or make any attempt to learn, I don't forgive THEM!
Not knowing the "OP" I'll have to defer my judgement.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

flopsy

Jul 6, 2010
Thank you Harleysrock, I always thought the purpose of this site was to help other patrons, how silly was I, when all you get is snidey comments like the one by , enough to make you pack this site in!

Thank you Harleysrock, I always thought the purpose of this site was to help other patrons, how silly was I, when all you get is snidey comments like the one by , enough to make you pack this site in!

I think some people who have been here for a loooonnnnggggg time forget how difficult it is to adapt to a new Country and or Language. Some also hear the same question all the time.
I have only been on here a year and sometimes think oh boy not this question again :)

No one has answered your question either...lol.

Those people were at Janets 3 weeks ago telling me I had to get it TODAY or the Policia, Policia. I still don't know which one they were trying to make me buy since when I am stressed my Spanish gets way worse than it already is!

The Revista (Sp?) is 45 pesos and you can pay at Ban Reserves but they may not have a sticker and you have to hold onto the receipt if Amet asks where it is but apparently it isn't enforced. I think they may check to see if your lights work to get that sticker?

I still don't know when this Revista thing is supposed to be renewed?!

I try and ask people many questions because I like to know about stuff but being around poor Dominicans a lot and not being Fluent in Spanish it is hard to get good answers to stuff!!

Good luck flopsy!!!

flopsy

Jul 6, 2010
Thanks very much Harleysrock, yeah we got the Marbeta sticker (ooooh probably going to be ridiculed for spelling lol) same thing happened to us at Janet's, that's when it became all a bit confusing, rivista, Marbeta arhhh which one and being scammed many times in our 4 years here, weren't going to be suckered again. We got our Marbeta yesterday, as for the rivista, think well just make sure our lights are in order. See Abuela, we have been learning whilst we have been here, just thought it might be better to not go into "Spanish" names on here for people wanting to reply in a civilised manner, that MAY not know, we can't all be clever dicks. Once again thanks Harleysrock

flopsy

Jul 6, 2010
In addition to my thank you. How about a frequently asked question section on this site! Oops if there is already. Lol ;-)

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
On the revista sticker (at least the last one I saw from 2 years ago) the months are marked on the side and a hole is punched in the month where your car was "reviewed" (sort of like the tags on fire extinguishers). The revision is supposed to be to make sure your vehicle is in condition to be out on the streets (lol!). Fire extinguisher, first aid kit, car jack, triangle and correct function of lights and wipers I think is what they're supposed to check. The sticker expires in the same month of the next year. Detail is, stickers have been almost impossible to obtain in some parts of the country, including now. So people (myself included) simply pay the 45 pesos at Banreservas and keep it in their car in case the police decide to stop them for it. For the marbete they're much more strict, even taking cars away from people if they don't have it by the due date. Until December 31st they shouldn't be asking you for it. After December 31st, you better make sure to have it stuck on there!

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
As far as I know, anyone telling you that the revista or marbete have to be bought immediately is wrong. The marbete for this year is oblong and orange. The revista sticker is octagonal on a square background and is black. You are supposed to get this from an inspection centre (your nearest is at Puerto Plata) after paying in Ban Reservas. However, there are some people selling them independently which defeats the whole object. I don't know what they are selling outside the supermarket, but I wouldn't describe the revista sticker as "long", so it may well be a scam.

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
the marbete isn't overdue yet --- but at least in santiago, the amets are stopping and checking for la revista pretty aggressively. i went this morning and renewed mine and when i arrived at 7:30, the line was around the block and at least 30 cars long. they did have a guy out there and he got to me at 7:55. the rest of the process was just waiting for them to write my husband's name on a paper and stick the sticker on my window (and bwahahahahahaha about my university "profesor" parking permit because apparently that's hilarious).

flopsy

Jul 6, 2010
Hi Harleysrock, got our Marbete which bank did you go for the Rivista and believe its quite cheap!