Flying to Europe from PUJ?

Eugeniefs

Jan 24, 2008
I had an email at the end of October 2013 telling me that I had to fly immediately to Spain, I live in Punta Cana (PUJ) and had a terrible time trying to find something even vaguely in my budget. For those of you who need to do the same please do try JAF (Jetairfly.com) - I was able to find a flight to Brussels for Euros 300 and a return from Brussels to PUJ for Euros 200. I then used JAF or Vueling for other flights within Europe (there are a whole load of other airlines that you can use e.g. Air Europa etc). Now that was a lot better than the other options I had which were anywhere between US$2,000-4,000 for the time frame I needed. It is 'cattle' class but what do you expect for that price. Oh and it goes via JAMAICA..... hmm, now THAT is an idea! (but how do you get back? certainly not via Brussels :eek:)

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Excellent advice! I was looking at €5000 something to fly to Holland with my wife and children next summer and with Jetairfly it would be just over €3000.

Now I have to convince my wife that these airlines are just as safe as Air Europa or Air France...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
airberlin - a great airline - flies from PUJ to berlin. the prices vary depending on the time of the year. you can catch a connecting flight in berlin and if you buy that ticket with airberlin as well you have a full security in terms of delays and cancellations.
i checked june next year and the cheapest fare (just to berlin, return ticket) is just over 800 euro. 2 meals included, 25 kg of luggage plus onboard bag (up to 10 kg or by size).

Eugeniefs

Jan 24, 2008
You are right dv8 - it really does depend on what time of the year you go, preferably not when the kids are on holiday - which I believe is so unjust for parents around the world!