Claro..not!~!

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Okay....I've rolled with enough punches in my boxing career, Claro needs to kiss it and big time, but how??!!!

I need a change and need it quick before I go AK47..I had some trouble with a recent robbery putting me behind on some bills, Claro cut me the other day, okay no biggie, actually forgot about the bill being they SOMETIMES send it via email..So, sent a friend of mine Mr Motoconcho to go pay after I called, got my due amount..MC comes back, gives me receipt, waited my 4 hours, called..Hello its me...WHATS DOING!! I need my phone/Internet...told, about another hour, will be 5 hours then,,waited, natta..its now about 8PM, paid at 3PM DIRECTLY!! Called again on now the 7TH hour, putting current time at about 10PM..well, well..you need to pay a reconnection fee of 300 pesos..HUH??!! What ya talking about Willis??!! but it was Miguel, who I know all too well with having sooooo many issues with these bums!!

I said, nobody advised me about a reconnection fee from when I called for my balance, from paying the damn bill, nor my 2 inquires of what is taking so long to get my service active again!! Sure, love paying 4,500 just to have no service STILL!! I was asked if I had a CC..Oh Joy!! Yes, BLAH!!!! Sorry, no international cards...FOCK YOU!! give me a supervisor..BAM..so sorry, we will get your service back on for you shortly...being I told this supervisor I would pay first thing in the Morning...well, well, what great liars they are in deed..Called again at 11:30PM, closed, suppose to close at Midnight..

My Dad may be in the Hospital again, reason for my urgency...still don't know that now..Anyways, I've had nothing but issues with these bastards even when they were Codetel..Slow speed, or just not working at times..And, And! even today! They finally got me active at about 10AM after paying at 8AM, system was very slow, tested it and why of course! THIEF'S!!! I pay for 2 MBPS and only was getting 1MBPS and for some reason, I could not use Firefox, which gave me their red screen of not being connected, but my Internet Explorer worked..

Now what really gets under my skin is, when I went there in person to open my account, asked for Cell phone service and DID NOT WANT A PHONE!! Fixed income here, why do I need a phone, have a Cell..NOPE, can only get the Internet with phone..SOB!!! CROOKS!!! Well, BEHOLD!! cannot dial cell phones and they want to charge me for their mistake..This was 7 Months ago, but just saying...Its BS!! Again, I want to dump them and they can stick their phone!

All that said, here in POP, is their another provider??? I have not seen any nor found another via phone book etc that services POP..Are we all stuck with Claro here in POP?? God say it ain't so! I hate them, cannot stomach these clowns..I was in contact with them 4 damn times Yesterday and not one TURD advised me about a reconnection fee, brain dead all we care about is your money SOBS..

So, what can we do here?? Is there another provider like Tricom, Dominican cable I think it was called in SD, there were about 5 different providers in SD..

Please help..

Thanks!

Anthony

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
There are other providers, depending on the area. All of them will cut you off if you get behind on your bills. All of them will charge you reconnection fees, and all of them most likely will make you wait at least a few hours before reconnecting. The best way to avoid this is usually either to pay on time or get a prepaid service.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
I'm not complaning about being cutoff, no biggie, my fault...I've had enough problems with this Company...Can you please post the providers you speak of Castle, much appreciated :) Or do you need my specific area? I can call if you provide the name, will find out if they service my area or not..

Thanks again

Ant

There are other providers, depending on the area. All of them will cut you off if you get behind on your bills. All of them will charge you reconnection fees, and all of them most likely will make you wait at least a few hours before reconnecting. The best way to avoid this is usually either to pay on time or get a prepaid service.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Castle, please post the providers you know, have not found any, so would be helping out very much! Also, any other DR1ers please post who your provider is, cost each Month (Est) are you forced into having a phone along with Internet..Do they have an option to call Cell phones?? Any particular package you have?

Thanks again,

Anthony

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
If I read correctly you've had Claro for 7 months. That means you are still under contract for 11 months. You will have to pay the difference of your phone and internet bill for those 11 months if you cancel. Just a heads up..

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Just pay your bill on time and if you are late pay the reconnection fee, and don't expect them to connect you in 3 hours, it might take a day. By the way, when you are cut off it means you are 30 days past due date....

I am not very happy with Claro for my mobile phone, but I have to say that for internet / telephone / cable the quality is good and the service when there is a problem is fast. (Even though I don't like the Claro TV plans, but I knew that when I contracted it).

Eugeniefs

Jan 24, 2008
Here in PC area we have Tricom (I had that and it sucked), have had Claro too (phone for over 6 years and internet over 3 years) and I suppose they are not too bad, there is also Viva and Orange - just not sure if you have them in POP.

As 'amp' says, they will get you for breaking your contract (usually it is for 18 months) so honestly I wouldn't bother thinking about using another provider until you have done another 11 months. And yes, we have all had that problem and they drive me totally insane too, I have learnt that after talking to them you just need take a deep breath and carry on with what you have ... it is better the devil you know etc.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Anthony, I don't know where you live, but go to the websites of Tricom and Wind, give them a call and ask them if they provide service in your area. They'll be more than happy to take you or anybody else as a customer.