Woman Gets Ciguatera Disease In Dominican Republic

LeeStetson

Jan 11, 2012
Woman Gets Ciguatera Disease In Dominican Republic

Ciguatera fish toxin is a food borne illness that you get by eating certain infected warm water fish.

These were fish that were cooked well and they were very common fish.

The toxin is odorless, tasteless, and very heat resistant and virtually undetectable.

Learn about how she was healed and it has been six years and she lives free of Ciguatera toxin.

Listen to what the symptoms are because you may know of someone with these symptoms or if in the future you hear of someone with the symptoms of Ciguatera disease then perhaps you can refer them to this video.

CBN TV - Her Miracle Was Around the Corner

My response:

After I saw this story on T.V. I knew I had to publish it because what this woman has to say may save a life or two of those who either live in the Dominican Republic or visit there. If you stick with eating plants you will do well.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Wonder where she is at. If she was South Florida, they would have known what it was, Or if she was in the DR. Friend of mine had the same thing, he was from the midwest here on vacation, same thing nobody had an idea what it was. I talked to a doctor here and they said to have him tested for ciguatera. Sure enough.

Don Pedro

Apr 2, 2005
Fishes well done or raw same thing. Ciguatera is a poison not an intoxication.

How do you know you got it ?
You are very, very tired. You muscle are without energy , your legs are weak, you are tired to walk.
Red spots inside your arms
Cardiac arrhythmia , mainly tachycardia.

Easy to cure : With a machete peel a mangrove tree. I would say grams 500 of bark in order to have enough for 3/4 days.
Boil gr 100 with water 5/7 minutes. water becomes dark pink.
Drink it every 2 hours.
When you are feeling that you are in good shape, not tire you can stop, you are safe.
Pros : Very simple and natural
Cons: Nothing to pay so people cannot believe it's efficient.

I got it 3 times.
Once that kill my cat
Have in mind a poison never kill twice.
I knew it and I confirmed it : I ate my cat without any ciguatera symptom.

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
In Northern Australia, where ciguatera is a common problem, two different folk science methods are widely believed to detect whether fish harbor significant ciguatoxin. The first method is that flies will not land on contaminated fish. The second is that cats display symptoms after eating contaminated fish. A third, less common testing method involves putting a silver coin under the scales of the suspect fish. Only if the coin turns black, is it contaminated. It is not known whether any of these tests produce accurate results.
On Grand Cayman island the locals will test barracuda by placing a piece of the fish on the ground and allowing ants to crawl on it. If the ants continue to move then the fish is safe to eat.

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
2us8jlt.jpg
. Many years back a friend got in Sosua . she ate lots of fish! doctors treated it by administering Stricnine ..... Dam near killed her with the amts they were regularly giving her since it builds up in your system !