Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    61
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Black Friday shopping for tv

    i am here in new york how much is shipping for 60 or 70 inch tv door to door .

    http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronics...rds=60+inch+tv
    Last edited by SEO; 11-07-2013 at 04:56 PM.

  2. #2
    Gold
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,376
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SEO View Post
    i am here in new york how much is shipping for 60 or 70 inch tv door to door .

    Amazon.com: LG Electronics 60PN6500 60-Inch 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTV (Black): Electronics
    The best thing would be to contact a shipping company for door to door delivery. They can quote you a price on the phone. Since you are buying from Amazon if free delivery is included you might also check prices with a shipping company in Florida as it might be a little cheaper. Just have Amazon deliver it directly to the shipping company.

    If you get a quote please report back.

  3. #3
    Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    61
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    The best thing would be to contact a shipping company for door to door delivery. They can quote you a price on the phone. Since you are buying from Amazon if free delivery is included you might also check prices with a shipping company in Florida as it might be a little cheaper. Just have Amazon deliver it directly to the shipping company.

    If you get a quote please report back.
    i got Quote for 700 for 60 inch at Express Shipping Rates - Transit Times| Nex Worldwide Express may call few more place.

  4. #4
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    22,004
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Awilda, rosa del monte, montero -- there are many in the NYC area

    My guess is that you can do better than $700..... way better

  5. Likes PeterInBrat liked this post
  6. #5
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    21,792
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    6, to 700 is about average for that size TV.
    I do recommend using one of the companies suggested here on DR1.
    We know they will get the shipment to your home in the DR!
    CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

  7. #6
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    22,004
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't know--- I had a sound bar, 32"TV, DVD player and whatever else all for $750....

    Just call Awilda in Queens and ask...

  8. #7
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    21,792
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He's talking about a "60 or 70" inch TV!
    Big difference.
    I visited the "Cesar Cargo" warehouse in Lynn, Ma. last year.
    There were 60 inch,and a few bigger TVs in there,waiting to catch a ride to the DR in there.
    Cesar told me 6 to 700.
    The costs also include DR customs charges, (Paid by the shipper) which go up considerable in relation to the size of the TV.
    A 32 inch fits in a big suitcase if you are flying back your self.
    No "Charges" that way!
    However, after seeing the HUGE, and I hate to call them suitcases here, that Dominicans drag through the airports, I think a 60 inch might fit in their luggage!
    I sometimes wonder if "Abuelita" died, and they don't want to pay to ship her body back to the DR????
    CC
    Last edited by Criss Colon; 11-08-2013 at 06:37 PM.

  9. #8
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    28,750
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Size does matter. It is the size of the TV upon which customs bases their charges. Door to Door shippers are somehow able to "reduce" that size somewhat.

  10. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
  11. #9
    DR1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    20,898
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Size does matter. It is the size of the TV upon which customs bases their charges. Door to Door shippers are somehow able to "reduce" that size somewhat.
    Exactly. We were in Sam's Club last week and stopped to look at the TVs. Mr. AE called our shipper [we ship so much we're becoming personal friends ] and asked for mudanza price from NY - he estimated $250 for a 32", $500 for a 42". [That's the largest we'd buy because, #1 our living room is small and, #2 we live in a house in the campo and don't want to attract too much attention to what we have. ]

    Administrator
    DR1.com

  12. Likes Criss Colon liked this post
  13. #10
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,115
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    Exactly. We were in Sam's Club last week and stopped to look at the TVs. Mr. AE called our shipper [we ship so much we're becoming personal friends ] and asked for mudanza price from NY - he estimated $250 for a 32", $500 for a 42". [That's the largest we'd buy because, #1 our living room is small and, #2 we live in a house in the campo and don't want to attract too much attention to what we have. ]
    Shipped a new 42" Vizio LED yesterday with other stuff. The TV was $400.00 to ship door to door. All things considered, not a bad deal. 9x12 oriental rug $100.00. Sofa, loveseat, chair and Ottoman was $775.00. After going through a lot of the muebles tiendas there and finding nothing comfortable....but expensive and of poor quality....I consider that price a bargain as well.


    Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •