Black Friday shopping for tv

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
i am here in new york how much is shipping for 60 or 70 inch tv door to door .

Amazon.com: LG Electronics 60PN6500 60-Inch 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTV (Black): Electronics

The best thing would be to contact a shipping company for door to door delivery. They can quote you a price on the phone. Since you are buying from Amazon if free delivery is included you might also check prices with a shipping company in Florida as it might be a little cheaper. Just have Amazon deliver it directly to the shipping company.

If you get a quote please report back.

SEO

Aug 3, 2012
The best thing would be to contact a shipping company for door to door delivery. They can quote you a price on the phone. Since you are buying from Amazon if free delivery is included you might also check prices with a shipping company in Florida as it might be a little cheaper. Just have Amazon deliver it directly to the shipping company.

If you get a quote please report back.
i got Quote for 700 for 60 inch at Express Shipping Rates - Transit Times| Nex Worldwide Express may call few more place.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Awilda, rosa del monte, montero -- there are many in the NYC area

My guess is that you can do better than $700..... way better

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
6, to 700 is about average for that size TV.
I do recommend using one of the companies suggested here on DR1.
We know they will get the shipment to your home in the DR!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I don't know--- I had a sound bar, 32"TV, DVD player and whatever else all for $750....

Just call Awilda in Queens and ask...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
He's talking about a "60 or 70" inch TV!
Big difference.
I visited the "Cesar Cargo" warehouse in Lynn, Ma. last year.
There were 60 inch,and a few bigger TVs in there,waiting to catch a ride to the DR in there.
Cesar told me 6 to 700.
The costs also include DR customs charges, (Paid by the shipper) which go up considerable in relation to the size of the TV.
A 32 inch fits in a big suitcase if you are flying back your self.
No "Charges" that way!
However, after seeing the HUGE, and I hate to call them suitcases here, that Dominicans drag through the airports, I think a 60 inch might fit in their luggage!
I sometimes wonder if "Abuelita" died, and they don't want to pay to ship her body back to the DR????
CC

Last edited:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Size does matter. It is the size of the TV upon which customs bases their charges. Door to Door shippers are somehow able to "reduce" that size somewhat.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Size does matter. It is the size of the TV upon which customs bases their charges. Door to Door shippers are somehow able to "reduce" that size somewhat.

Exactly. We were in Sam's Club last week and stopped to look at the TVs. Mr. AE called our shipper [we ship so much we're becoming personal friends :cross-eye] and asked for mudanza price from NY - he estimated $250 for a 32", $500 for a 42". [That's the largest we'd buy because, #1 our living room is small and, #2 we live in a house in the campo and don't want to attract too much attention to what we have. ]

Jan 9, 2004
Exactly. We were in Sam's Club last week and stopped to look at the TVs. Mr. AE called our shipper [we ship so much we're becoming personal friends :cross-eye] and asked for mudanza price from NY - he estimated $250 for a 32", $500 for a 42". [That's the largest we'd buy because, #1 our living room is small and, #2 we live in a house in the campo and don't want to attract too much attention to what we have. ]

Shipped a new 42" Vizio LED yesterday with other stuff. The TV was $400.00 to ship door to door. All things considered, not a bad deal. 9x12 oriental rug $100.00. Sofa, loveseat, chair and Ottoman was $775.00. After going through a lot of the muebles tiendas there and finding nothing comfortable....but expensive and of poor quality....I consider that price a bargain as well.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Jan 9, 2004

canned oj

Oct 24, 2013
Are tv's 2 times the price locally. $400 in North America = $ 800 in Dr. If so will start packing tv's in one of those DR sized suitcases.

Jan 9, 2004
Are tv's 2 times the price locally. $400 in North America = $ 800 in Dr. If so will start packing tv's in one of those DR sized suitcases.

My experience is they are at least double.....and that holds true for most anything electronic/electrical....blender, microwave, etc.

Have not tried the 32" in the suitcase as was mentioned in another thread. For those...I just put them in a box and use a door to door carrier....and so far no issues.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2