Baby Shower

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Well, my DR1 friends and family, its almost Christmas time and I am holding my annual "Baby Shower" for my org MIDWIVES FOR THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC.
I am asking EVERYONE that reads this to look into your hearts to donate a small (or big) item to us for our women in the Dominican Republic. Below I will list the most needed items, but whatever you think a new mother and infant can use please do not hesitate to send.
If you would like to send something for the "Baby Shower", please contact me by private message so that I can give you the address to send it to in NYC, or to me in Santiago. If its a matter of shipping, I will pay your shipping costs (USPS of course :)), or Caribe Tours. These items are in desperate need, Thank you so much. And of course, a monetary donation is always welcome! There are many things that are needed that is just more feasible to buy in DR. Send monetary donations via Paypal to parterasrd@hotmail.com

-TWIN SHEET SETS (used or new)
-Infant receiving blankets (used or new)
-Infant Onsies (used or new) or infant clothing (new or used)
-Newborn hats (used or new)
-Women's brief underwear (sizes 5-10)
-Maxi-pads
-Toothbrushes, toothpaste
-Travel size soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion
-Baby wipes
-Bottles of Ibuprofen from the dollar store or any other store
-Washcloths
-Anything else you think a new mom and infant can use!

Thanks again,
SHALENA

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Oh, and if you are in Santiago and would like to donate snacks/juices we are in dire need also. There are many campesina moms (most very young) who have babies in the Intensive care and they sleep on the floor in the public hospital waiting rooms because they cannot afford to go home and come back. Most do not have money to eat. We give snacks, juice, bottled water whenever we go and La Leche League does also.
So if you are in or near Santiago and want to donate a box of snacks or pack of juices, I swear they won't go to waste!

SHALENA

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Would you be interested in other sized baby clothing (3m to 12m) or really just interested in newborn? I will see what else I have as far as blankets, wash clothes, etc. I'm in Cabrera so sending via Caribe Tours would be simple enough.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Would you be interested in other sized baby clothing (3m to 12m) or really just interested in newborn? I will see what else I have as far as blankets, wash clothes, etc. I'm in Cabrera so sending via Caribe Tours would be simple enough.

Unfortunately right now I am only doing newborn and for moms but fi you have alot, I will take it. I'm sure I can find someone in need. Also, LaTeacher runs a school in Cien Fuegos, I can give some to her, many of her students have younger siblings in need also.
Thank you so much, whenever you get the items together just PM me, if I'm not in Santiago yet, I will give you the name of my domestic helper so she can pick it up.

Thanks again,
SHALENA

TravelHippo

Mar 24, 2008
Okay, if you are only looking for newborn stuff right now, no worries. I have been giving everything to families in need here in the Cabrera area as my daughter grows so I can just continue to do that as there are many that can use it around here too. Thanks!