Can I use U.S. dollars at Playero in Sosua?

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
We are arriving soon and would like to shop at Playero on the way in from the airport and not have make an extra stop to get pesos.

Has anyone recent knowledge of whether we can pick up a few things and pay with U.S. dollars?

Thanks.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Yes , they will change your dollars.... or go across the street to the money place -- right across the street to change it.

Rate may not be perfect at Playero, but convenience is King and you'll be splitting hairs on the rate.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
I guess nobody has changed money in Playero........I went to the CS desk and asked what their exchange rate was and it was EXACTLY the same as Caribe Express, 42.35. Really, people should investigate before replying.....

Exchange at the CS desk and pay in pesos. Easy and an excellent rate....

Janets, in Cabarete, was 42.20 today

davetuna

Bronze
Jun 19, 2012
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
actually i thought that player give a good rate. what you have to watch out for is checking your change, I have had twice recently been given not enough change and had to ask for it..............xmas is coming.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
You don't have to go to customer service at Playero to pay in US Dollars; you can do so at the register. Just did it a few days ago, and do it now and again. Always got a good rate too.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I guess nobody has changed money in Playero........I went to the CS desk and asked what their exchange rate was and it was EXACTLY the same as Caribe Express, 42.35. Really, people should investigate before replying.....

Exchange at the CS desk and pay in pesos. Easy and an excellent rate....

Janets, in Cabarete, was 42.20 today

I think you are echoing my post... yes, I've changed $$$ there and it's 'splitting hairs' if there is a rate difference

Generally, I'm a fan of Playero.