Help! Vitamin store near PCP.

Btcedarr

Nov 9, 2013
Hubby had some vitamins get ruined during travel. He takes them for a specific medical reason. Hotel called a farmacia who didn't have them because they are not really medicine. They would be in a drug store back home with things like Calcium. He specifically needs Lysine. Anyone know of somewhere close by?

Thanks!

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Hubby had some vitamins get ruined during travel. He takes them for a specific medical reason. Hotel called a farmacia who didn't have them because they are not really medicine. They would be in a drug store back home with things like Calcium. He specifically needs Lysine. Anyone know of somewhere close by?

Thanks!

Where's PCP? How long are you here?

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Playero has vitamins as does the farmacia by the Metro bus station - in Sosua - if this is where you are.

Btcedarr

Nov 9, 2013
Sorry! We are at Punta Cana Princess. I think it is near El Corceito and or Bavaro Plaza.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Sorry! We are at Punta Cana Princess. I think it is near El Corceito and or Bavaro Plaza.

Well, lysine in spanish is lisina (lee-see-na) , so you can ask for that at farmacias. Here is a number to Nacional in Punta Cana 809-959-3000 .. Your best luck might be there, pharmacies don't typically carry things like that.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I don't know Punta Cana at all, so have no idea how far away Punta Cana Village is. There is a GNC store located there:

Carrerera Punta Cana
Punta Cana, Punta Cana
Phone: 809-533-6060

According to the GNC website, they carry lysine. Could you get someone to call them to see if they have what your husband needs?

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Plaza San Juan also has a vitamin/supplement store inside the Pola supermarket. Would be closer for you.

Eugeniefs

Jan 24, 2008
A lot of places are open on Sundays here but not all pharmacies. San Juan plaza is open.

As you are in a hotel, get them to ring up Centro Medico Punta Cana - they have some things as well as any other numbers given here. Tell them it is a medical emergency, then they will be happy to help.

Punta Cana village is close to the airport and may not be open on a Sunday but get reception to check for you. A lot of places will send what you need via motoconcho as long as you pay that person in US$ or RD$ as well as the cost of the motoconcho (biker rider) and from there to you that will be around RD$200 ($5)... worth it if your hubby really needs it!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The GNC store in Punta Cana Village closed down a while ago but they are definitely still in the San Juan Shopping Centre. Larger pharmacies will have a vitamin section too.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
This might be late for the OP, but I just noticed my kids vitamin "crecivit" , available from common pharmacies, has a main ingredient of lisina/lycine, thought I would share.