Rancho Platon

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
Wife wants to visit Rancho Platon in Barahona after hearing a good report about it from a friend. A quick search on DR1 turns up nothing. I have a couple questions. First, obviously, does anyone, who has been there, have anything to say about the place? And second, can we reach it with our Mazda SUV? (from the capitol)

peep2

Bronze
Oct 24, 2004
Thank-you! The most concise review I've seen and it sounds like the family "wagon" is probably up to the task.

socuban

Nov 24, 2002
Thank-you! The most concise review I've seen and it sounds like the family "wagon" is probably up to the task.

RP is an awesome place :rambo: The drive from SD to Para?so is a breeze, but you will push the SUV to it's limits once you leave the pavement.

socuban

Nov 24, 2002
An update - President Danilo Medina was in Para?so several weeks ago. From that encounter came the order to re-construct the road that Rancho Platon sits on and continue unto Polo. I understand that Castillo wasn't too interested in starting that project, probably because another road that goes through Leonardo is more direct and less costly to construct.

Aug 6, 2006
Note that there are no banks between Barahona and Pedernales.

San Rafael and Los Patos also have nice beaches with freshwater pools.