Playa Rinco

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
I'm planning a trip to Las Galeras and am hoping that you can help me find the best way to Playa Rincon and if there is somewhere to eat when I get there? Thanks!

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
Try this on the North East Coast for more up to date information.

It's been a few years for me but from Las Galeras you could (then) get a boat trip from the beach to Playa Rincon.

Otherwise a taxi or motoconcho would be (then also have been) do-able.

wbr

latitude19

May 29, 2011
There are very basic beach shacks on the North side of the beach which cook all sorts of seafood, but MAKE SURE to ask the price first or you will be overcharged. There was a restaurant on the South side of the beach that we ate at but unsure if it is still open. The road there is somewhat rough. I would not go by motoconcho. It is about 25 min. from Las Galeras. You can also catch a boat from the Las Galeras beach, like was stated above. Personally, I like the land route more- just gorgeous. Oh, watch out for the weekend at Rincon- it is packed and loud. Weekdays best.

There is another beach which you may want to go to. It is caleld Playa Fronton and is also about 25 min. from the Las Galeras beach. There is no restaurant there, but it is possible to have your guide bring fish and cook it there on the beach. There is fairly good snorkeling there, but stay away from the North side of the beach (where you enter) as there is massive current.

The beaches are total opposites. If I had to choose one it would be Fronton.

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
The beaches are total opposites. If I had to choose one it would be Fronton.

Agreed, in spades.

wbr