Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Need help to protect my computer setup

Ok so basicly i have a huge PC tower, connected with two 30" screen. Its delicate equipment that i use for work, and unfortunately with the electricity in DR im getting scare my computer pays the price.

My house is running on 4 battery, more then enough since i almost never miss luz here.

The problem is, around 1/4 of the time the electricity go, everything will shutdown and it will take like 1-2 second to my inversor to start. An electrician told me it was due to too many thing running at the same time pulling the juice (aire, pc etc...) not sure if true, but seems logical since its true i have a lot of things connected.

Unfortunately UPS doesnt work with inversor, i tryed it and when the inversor kick in this auto burn the UPS.

Anyone have any idea how i could protect my computer? Something like an ups that could work with an inversor?

I know the easy answer is buying a planta, but im looking for other solution!

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

What?? Somebody is doing some drugs..First, you should be fine with a UPS, its only used to provide power to your computer so you can save work and shut it down,,usually 15-20 minutes, thats all its used for, so being hooked up to your invertor would not be an issue...Invertor does charge the UPS yes?? As for protecting your computer, I always advise to use one and only source being FORZA: FVR-1211B Forza UPS United States

All its info is the abovelink, this is a photo: Google Image Result for http://store.techshopja.com/product_images/a/forza_fvr_1211b__99544.jpg

This is what I decided on after losing my first TV to a surge..They sell them in La Serina, found mine in SD upstairs...I also used power strips that claimed it was a protector etc only to burn them as well..I mean come on!! what crap! I had so many outlets on the strip that was melted or started to melt..Now, for sure, using these inverters are NOT good for electrical equipment, usually will damage power supplies and damage capacitors which I had to change in my computer 3 times so far in 8 Years..Not bad, but just letting you know..

Also, there are resistors in UPS, that there is usually the issue should it not work (charge) via an inverter. Matter of fact, I had to pull the timer resistor in my heating pad used for my birds being it would not work after I lost power..So, I removed said resistor, works fine..That said, who hooked up your Invertor? Does not make sense if you lose all power...Can't be!! Why? because your getting your power right now via your invertor.reason why the companies tell you, do not run anything heavy in your traffice areas other then the kitchen..Meaning, you can no longer use an A/C unit in your living room without first placing your knife switch down so your on pure electric...So, something is a miss there I feel only because I find it hard to believe that you have too much on load that you lose power for a few seconds etc...If that were true, you would have no power at all when your electric goes, batteries would not be charged enough, make sense?

I am leaning to a damaged Inverter...If new, you usually get a 1 Year warranty on it, have a tech do a house call and test it..In most cases the fuseable link goes on them, a simple repair, but you would be down right now if that was the case. Maybe you used something you shouldn't have, weaken it or partially burned the in/out-puts..Get it checked and tested...Again, have the company you used do a house call so they can also test the batteries..Make sure your batteries are full before they come or its your fault, know what I mean,...Use battery acid mixture, found in most stores so you don't weaken any of the batteries using water or distilled battery water..Full? just be sure the fluid is over the plates, or just a 1/4 inch or so below cap level..I always use the thunder mix, its for dead batteries, comes in a few different sizes..You can mix with water or use straight which I do, why weaken a good thing..

Hope this helps some..

Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by jeanchris View Post
    Ok so basicly i have a huge PC tower, connected with two 30" screen. Its delicate equipment that i use for work, and unfortunately with the electricity in DR im getting scare my computer pays the price.

My house is running on 4 battery, more then enough since i almost never miss luz here.

The problem is, around 1/4 of the time the electricity go, everything will shutdown and it will take like 1-2 second to my inversor to start. An electrician told me it was due to too many thing running at the same time pulling the juice (aire, pc etc...) not sure if true, but seems logical since its true i have a lot of things connected.

Unfortunately UPS doesnt work with inversor, i tryed it and when the inversor kick in this auto burn the UPS.

Anyone have any idea how i could protect my computer? Something like an ups that could work with an inversor?

I know the easy answer is buying a planta, but im looking for other solution!
    Last edited by skynet; 11-11-2013 at 01:44 AM.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

PS More info on the FVR...Serina has others as well tho..paid about 80.00 bucks, 3000 pesos or so..

Forza FVR-1211B 1200VA / 600W Automatic Voltage Regulator - Techshopja.com

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

You should first check your installation. If all is correct then the inverser should jump in in ms. if installation is fine change your inversor for an inverser with UPS function. I would guess that your inversor is simply to slow to Change the power source and that is the source of your problem.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Take your Air Conditional off the Inverter !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Inverter is evidently too small wattage wise.
    The Air Conditional has a heavy draw of current on start-up.
    (Switching over point when the electric goes off)

Also four batteries with that kind of load is too little (Time wise).
    Last edited by Lothario666; 11-11-2013 at 05:22 AM.

6. Likes bronzeallspice liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

And does you inversor put out modified sine wave or a pure sine wav ? Computer systems require a purse sine wave output. If the no pure sine wave then you will brunup the computer motherboard and the power supplies. APC UPS will handle whatyou wish and you canprogram them to stop going on and off with a modified sine wave inversor.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lothario666 View Post
    Take your Air Conditional off the Inverter !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Inverter is evidently too small wattage wise.
    The Air Conditional has a heavy draw of current on start-up.
    (Switching over point when the electric goes off)

Also four batteries with that kind of load is too little (Time wise).
    No AC is running on the inverter

4 batteries is way enough. I miss electricity 5-10hrs a week max.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spartanx15 View Post
    And does you inversor put out modified sine wave or a pure sine wav ? Computer systems require a purse sine wave output. If the no pure sine wave then you will brunup the computer motherboard and the power supplies. APC UPS will handle whatyou wish and you canprogram them to stop going on and off with a modified sine wave inversor.
    Hi, thanks for the answer but i have no idea whats pure sine wav

My inversor is an bracon dxp 2.0 , model # hbx-2024

I know verry little about those things...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D.Rep View Post
    You should first check your installation. If all is correct then the inverser should jump in in ms. if installation is fine change your inversor for an inverser with UPS function. I would guess that your inversor is simply to slow to Change the power source and that is the source of your problem.
    Yes i think you are right. Inversor seems slow, any idea what kind of model i can get that is 100% workin with ups? I dont trust going to any place asking and the guy tell me, si si pana, funciona, no te preocupe... And when i get home this ****s burn me a 3rd UPS.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, and to answer you skynet, yes inverter is used, its from the owner of the house, not sure of the condition but i dont mind buying another one if it's gonna with with a new UPS.

My 2 ups that i have the battery part got burn with those inverters, you can smell it and see some smoke when the inverter kicks in for the first time. Now my two ups are useless, only works for the power part, all the outlets for the battery are useless

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast